British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moomin man 76

World Under 21 Championship 2017 Live On Tv

Very unlucky for Patrick Hansen. His mechanical failure whilst 2nd in his third race cost him a place in the finals.

A bit of a surprise to see Lukas Fienhage go through, I wouldn't have predicted that one...Well done to the lad.

The Lambert van and car were parked outside his Wroxham home today at midday, has he got kit in Europe he will be using ?

Was talking to his mom at Swindon Thursday night, Bikes already out there, he and his parents flying out Friday morning

• Like 1

In Eskiltuna it is going to be interesting how 17 yr old Dane Tim Sorensen goes- scored well on Wednesday for Esbjerg on his league debut and is certainly one to watch in the future.

Edited by racers and royals

Are these semi final draws done randomly?

I would guess not looking how strong the Eskilstuna line up looks compared to the other two semis.

You have far more of last year's finalists in that sense if I am being honest.

Lambert, Berge, Lunna, Ellis and I think Jacobsen was wasn't he?

Than you also have Andersson who should qualify and Smektala being no pushover with someone above mentioning Sorensen could be a spoiler and I have heard Moi and Kling are no pushovers.

Very harsh on these riders.

• Like 1

Fim allocates slots to the semi finals and the federations decide which riders will go.

Are these semi final draws done randomly?

I would guess not looking how strong the Eskilstuna line up looks compared to the other two semis.

You have far more of last year's finalists in that sense if I am being honest.

Lambert, Berge, Lunna, Ellis and I think Jacobsen was wasn't he?

Than you also have Andersson who should qualify and Smektala being no pushover with someone above mentioning Sorensen could be a spoiler and I have heard Moi and Kling are no pushovers.

Very harsh on these riders.

Eskilstuna does look like the toughest round.

The FIM do a draw to allocate national federation places to each round and then it's up to each federation to decide who goes into which round.

I know the Danish federation gave the choice to the riders themselves in the order that they finished in their qualifying round.

Frederik Jakobsen won that meeting and chose to race in the Eskilstuna round...I wonder if he's now regretting that choice given the field he is up against.

So it's 4 from each qualifier, 3 wildcards and a n other?

So it's 4 from each qualifier, 3 wildcards and a n other?

I believe that's correct. The final place is for the meeting wildcard at each of the rounds in the final series.
  • Like 1