British Speedway Forum

Polish speedway newspaper Tygodnik Zużlowy I write Possible return Speedway Grand Prix - Gorican, Auckland and Riga.

Interesting

Polish speedway newspaper Tygodnik Zużlowy I write Possible return Speedway Grand Prix - Gorican, Auckland and Riga.

Maybe this is wrong but I thought Gorican was a really sandy track with poor racing.

DEFINITELY no Auckland, very much doubt Gorican, Riga a possibility

Still waiting for my dream GP in Los Angeles but never seems to get mentioned these days??

Would be a great swansong for Hancock if he gets the expected wildcard??

So many stadiums in the states they could use. Why they have approached any of them that stage Super cross (also sponsored by Monster) is beyond me.

Did you hear any rumored dates for Torun?

Same time every year isn't it ? 6th October 2018 seems probable.

Torben Olsen, Managing Director of Speedway GP marketer BSI, will be able to present races at several new venues in the future. "But that depends on the interest there," says the Dane.
For the third time, the Speedway GP will be on the 28th of October 2017 at the magnificent Etihad Stadium in Melbourne's Docklands. Australia is the only World Cup run outside Europe, since the 1995 Grand Prix there was only one other Overseas GP: in Auckland / New Zealand. In the Western Springs Stadium, from 2012 to 2014, the last race there won sensationally Martin Smolinski, thereby providing the only German Grand Prix victory.
SPEEDWEEK.com teamed up with Managing Director Torben Olsen of GP promoter BSI to discuss possible future races.
Torben, with the high logistics costs for the race in Australia: Would not it make sense to link Melbourne to a race in the USA or New Zealand, thus splitting the costs?
We look to make things as efficient as possible.
But there are not many places in the world where we can ride on two continents within a week, as MotoGP does. For safety reasons, to mount the motorcycles and because of the customs.
At the moment when a weekend is between the races, the logistical cost savings are eaten up by hotel costs.
We always keep an eye on the costs. It also depends on which promoters are interested.
For the race in Melbourne, do you pay for the airfreight of the material and the tickets for the drivers and their mechanics?
The costs will be borne by us together with the promoter, also for the hotels.
Do you see new countries in the calendar of the Speedway-GP in the medium term?
Yes, we are talking about new countries. There are France and Russia, there is interest in a temporary race track in the Middle East. In Argentina there was a U21 World Cup. We will not see Grand Prix in Argentina, USA or Canada next year, but we are fighting for it.
Do you see countries where the Speedway sport has developed particularly well over the last few years?
There are a few Youngsters coming from the UK, where some efforts have been made.
Denmark always beat well, but at the moment there is a small low.
In Sweden, we work together with the Svemo at a Speedway Academy.
It helps the FIM to establish the new 250 championship.
Numerous promising Youngsters still come from Poland.

RUSSIA in 2019 is on the cards...

Are we any closer knowing to where the SWC will be held, few rumours not long ago that it will return to the NSS.

Does anyone know when the big F.I.M. Conference is this winter when all the dates for the 2018 season will be released.

18-19 november.

Really not sure about these ideas to take the main title to countries like France or Argentina.Countries that don't have GP quality riders.Some years ago i thought ok if it helps promote the sport and make it bigger in those countries,but that just didn't happen in the likes of Croatia or Italy.It is obviously going there for the money.Lesser countries really should make do with U21 championship etc,which is easy enough fr European countries.I do admit the problem of getting Argentina into worldwide competitions is far more difficult

Really not sure about these ideas to take the main title to countries like France or Argentina.Countries that don't have GP quality riders.Some years ago i thought ok if it helps promote the sport and make it bigger in those countries,but that just didn't happen in the likes of Croatia or Italy.It is obviously going there for the money.Lesser countries really should make do with U21 championship etc,which is easy enough fr European countries.I do admit the problem of getting Argentina into worldwide competitions is far more difficult

Trouble is they are running out of places !! staging clubs- like Gorican, Krsko . Daugavpils etc etc need to be able to make a profit on staging a GP and sadly it looks as if they try but it just doesn`t stack up and they say enough is enough. that`s why BSI are always looking for new places to make a few quid for themselves ;)

• Like 1