British Speedway Forum

That would be a long interval......23 races of GP speedway !!!!!

Ooops! You meant taylor Swift interval entertainment........ probably all she fit for, though I cant say I listened to her music much (cant remember when I last heard a song of hers)

From Horsens website :

• AC Horsens is NOT organizers for speedway like the last 3 years, but is responsible for the location, sale and help with the execution. The organizer is BSI Speedway.
  • The tickets are NOT for sale yet. Information about this will be available on our website when there is a clarification on the matter.
  • The race starts the 30 of June 2018, and the race is held at CASA Arena Horsens, Langmarksvej 59, 8700 Horsens, Denmark.
Edited by Rob B

That would be a long interval......23 races of GP speedway !!!!!

Ooops! You meant taylor Swift interval entertainment........ probably all she fit for, though I cant say I listened to her music much (cant remember when I last heard a song of hers)

I bet she gets a couple more there on her own than 18 speedway riders have ever managed!

1 hour ago, johno said:

Anyone no WHEN the Australian date is going to be released, need the start booking,

Rumour is its not happening , something about the air fence being sold.

Junior

It's only about 50k € to buy a new one, that cant be a reason*. Or even in the list of reasons. 

* = we talking about SGP here, not a national quali of a quali meeting at Nokia.

9 hours ago, f-s-p said:

It's only about 50k € to buy a new one, that cant be a reason*. Or even in the list of reasons. 

* = we talking about SGP here, not a national quali of a quali meeting at Nokia.

Yes... But liquidating the few assests they have may go some way offsetting just a bit of losses suffered over the last few years of this, latest,  I'll fated exercise .

There is talk of it being around Sydney area, don't know where abouts though. I'm pretty sure the NSW part of Motorcycling Australia bought the airfence.. 

Melbourne ut, Newcastle in?

Fortsatt GP-speedway på Ethiad Stadium i Melbourne har varit osäker sedan arenan för två år sedan köptes av Australiens fotbollsförbund. Enligt uppgifter till tidningen ska avtalet upphöra i förtid och GP-ronden i sportens ursprungsland flyttas till Newcastle i deltstaten New South Wales. Därmed skulle VM hamna bara fem mil ifrån Maitland där den initierades 1923! I närheten ligger också Kurri Kurri, en av landets få kvarvarande specialbanor för speedway. Newcastle ligger cirka sju mil norr om Sydney och är ett viktigt centrum för speedway down under. Besked väntas i dagarna.

by speedwayracing.se

Polish Website similarly - http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/zuzel/grand-prix,zuzel-w-2018-zuzlowcy-nie-pojada-w-melbourne-bsi-szuka-nowego-miejsca,artykul,837655,1,985.html

Speedway News spacer
Australian Speedway GP Looking for New Home As Etihad Stadium is Ruled Out
 Posted:
Tue, 27th Mar, 2018  1:00 PM   |   13,112 Reads

Click to view larger image of New Australian Venues Under Consideration as Etihad Stadium is Ruled Out for 2018 New Australian Venues Under Consideration as Etihad Stadium is Ruled Out for 2018

Etihad Stadium will not host the final round of this year’s FIM Speedway World Championship, despite staging the event since 2015. 

BSI Speedway managing director Torben Olsen is hopeful a new venue for the Australian FIM Speedway Grand Prix will be found “in the not too distant future” as the series leaves Melbourne. 

BSI Speedway has joined forces with PSE (Paul Sergeant Events), led by former Etihad chief executive officer Paul Sergeant, who was instrumental in bringing the SGP series back Down Under after a 13-year absence. He was also CEO of Cardiff’s Principality Stadium – home of the Adrian Flux British SGP – and served as commercial and stadium director of Wembley Stadium. 

We are confident that we will have news on another venue for the Australian SGP that will satisfy speedway and sports fans alike in the not too distant future   BSI Speedway managing director Torben Olsen
The collaboration with PSE has already seen a number of positive discussions take place with potential venues and host states. 

In 2017, Australian fans watched Jason Doyle race his way into the history books when he sealed World Championship gold, before going on to win the meeting in his trademark hard-charging style. They also saw another home hero Chris Holdertake a famous victory there in 2016. 

With fans keen to hear news on where and when the event will take place, Olsen insists BSI Speedway and PSE are both determined to find a new home for the FIM Speedway Grand Prix series in Australia. 

"We are confident that we will have news on another venue for the Australian SGP that will satisfy speedway and sports fans alike in the not too distant future," Olsen said. 

“Many Australian fans enjoyed the fantastic venue at Etihad Stadium, and we are keen to follow with a destination and stadium that embodies the strong heritage the country has in the sport. 

“We’ve had messages from many Australian fans via social media, keen to find out what’s happening with the event. All I can do is thank them for their patience and say we’re working very hard to bring them much more SGP racing and ensure our great series remains Down Under. 

Etihad Stadium CEO Michael Green said: “We’ve really enjoyed hosting the Australian Speedway Grand Prix at Etihad Stadium for the last three years and whilst the event won’t be with us in 2018, we wish all the best to everyone involved or following this year’s series.” 

PSE managing director Paul Sergeantconcluded: “The PSE team has a rich and passionate history with the SGP both here in Australia and in Great Britain. We will be working through a structured selection process with our partners at BSI to identify a potential location and venue for the Speedway Grand Prix without delay."

Who are the reserves for this years GP's?