British Speedway Forum

AUSTRALIAN FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX VENUE SEARCH UPDATE
by PSE Events 

In March BSI announced a search had commenced for a new home for the Australian FIM Speedway Grand Prix and they had joined forces with Melbourne based PSE to manage the process in Australia.

Stage one of the three stage process was open to all tracks and interested venues across the country with the first stage closing on 13 April. Submissions from Adelaide Showgrounds, 
 Canberra National Speedway Stadium and Ipswich Motorsport Park will now progress to stage two.

Work on stage two has now commenced and further information will be announced once this has been completed.
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:
AUSTRALIAN FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX VENUE SEARCH UPDATE
by PSE Events 

In March BSI announced a search had commenced for a new home for the Australian FIM Speedway Grand Prix and they had joined forces with Melbourne based PSE to manage the process in Australia.

Stage one of the three stage process was open to all tracks and interested venues across the country with the first stage closing on 13 April. Submissions from Adelaide Showgrounds, 
 Canberra National Speedway Stadium and Ipswich Motorsport Park will now progress to stage two.

Work on stage two has now commenced and further information will be announced once this has been completed.

just googled Canberra and found this- not so impressive as the stadium name https://www.speedwayaustralia.org/tracks/nsw/act-speedway-canberra

Adelaide showground photo https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x6ab0cf08558889d9%3A0xf03365545ba65f0!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNDeHLziBbUn-tQGjZzRHWzI3ny-Yzf4B4x7XQi%3Dw213-h160-k-no!5sadelaide showgrounds - Google Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipP4QSBVoNRG-Fknh8EmDU427vpA4JIbj63HrH8j&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjr2oD_1NjaAhWILMAKHQz3BYcQoioIiAEwDg

Edited by racers and royals

21 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Are they serious?

Ipswich Motorsport Park is in the middle of nowhere - it's not even that close to Ipswich which holds little for the tourist, nor anything like the right configuration for speedway. Plus I seem to remember reading there were issues with the local council ownership.

They'd be better off at Archerfield, but even that's hardly in the spirit of 'raising the bar' and 'taking the GP to city venues'.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby
  • Confused 1

On 4/26/2018 at 8:20 PM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Are they serious?

Ipswich Motorsport Park is in the middle of nowhere - it's not even that close to Ipswich which holds little for the tourist, nor anything like the right configuration for speedway. Plus I seem to remember reading there were issues with the local council ownership.

They'd be better off at Archerfield, but even that's hardly in the spirit of 'raising the bar' and 'taking the GP to city venues'.

You know full well that they long since abandoned that policy. Teterow anyone?