British Speedway Forum

How long before there all in Poland with Cardiff and the NSS

Tbh from a racing perspective that wouldn't be a bad thing...

If it was ever a thought of having a 2nd British GP at a temporary venue then I don't see them doing it at a huge stadium. A second one could possibly attract 20,000 but would have the issue of no roof. They put a temporary track down for Horsens so they do it.

DOUBT it. A roof is imperative. Imagine what the last GP Saturday in Cardiff would have been like without fans being able to get away from the foul weather and sit in comfort to watch. And for the actual meeting to be unaffected by the elements. Plus neither Wembley nor the Olympic Stadium can provide the fans with the sort of bars, restaurants, clubs extra in such close proximity. The only down side is the continued greedy attitude of the local hotels but as far as they are concerned that's business.

I am not arguing for it as a venue for Speedway.

But on my many vists to the Queen Elizabeth Park and The London Stadium I have found the bars and resuarants in, and around, the adjacent Westfield centre to be well up to or beyond the standard in Cardiff.

http://www.speedwayracing.se/nyheter/166/

Togliatti It is listed as a possible place for both SGP 2018

It was a very poor track for the GP Challenge. If I was deciding to go to it in 2018 or not, as it stands it would be a definite NO.

That should of been a show meeting, the organisers must know they were under a watchful eye with 2018 maybe in the offering. Not much attempt to provide a race track at all. Think you could count the number of passes on one hand - and thats for a whole meeting, not one race.

It was a very poor track for the GP Challenge. If I was deciding to go to it in 2018 or not, as it stands it would be a definite NO.

That should of been a show meeting, the organisers must know they were under a watchful eye with 2018 maybe in the offering. Not much attempt to provide a race track at all.

Think you could count the number of passes on one hand - and thats for a whole meeting, not one race.

Well that is pretty much the same as Prague and Vojens were for many years, super slick tracks with very little passing.

They key question, as always, is whether or not BSI can make a nice profit from it.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

There's been some great SEC meetings there tho

There's been some great SEC meetings there tho

I thought I remembered seeing a meeting their couple or three years ago and, yes, it was decent racing, so why mess up a meeting this time. Surely they knew the importance of the meeting, not only the fact it was determining 3 GP riders for next year, but also, put on a good meeting and possibly the track is in line for a GP meeting in 2018 and beyond. Or perhaps they didnt want a big meeting - too costly to put the show on with too little return,

As for SWC. Västervik have been asked but replied that they though that they couldn't handle a RO/Final and they

were also not happy about the financial offer (or something like that). Målilla MK had the same opinion about the financial

agreement offer from BSI/FIM.

• Like 1

Are they cutting the number of GPs down, that's what I want to see ....

Are they cutting the number of GPs down, that's what I want to see ....

UNLIKELY, a possible new one and a return to an old one on the cards.

My money would still be on a new look SWC at the NSS (BV) ...

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1