British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 1.4.17

Time is passing fast and had not realised this meeting is only a couple of days away.

Leicester has probably strengthened with the adding of King and Bates and this should be a good testing meeting for both teams with new riders.

There seems to be an issue with the track which I hope can get sorted out in time and does not cause the meeting to end up being a shambles. They need to seriously test it and cancel the meeting if necessary or it will do more damage than good. The track shape has at last been changed and it needs to be seen to be a success.

Either team can win this but the individual scores of the riders will be interesting.

• Like 1

Well Danny will be with Ipswich at Berwick for a start.....

Yes, three days to go to get the track sorted out so hopefully Glyn will confirm it's been tested and all okay by then. I did say I wasn't going but I'm sure on Saturday I'll change my mind as it's been a long Winter. Just hope I'm not going to regret that decision. :)

• Like 1

I was planning on going, but after the problems with the track I am unlikely to now.

Belle Vue last year. Poole already this year. It just makes it too much of a risk to travel that way for what could turn out to be a load of old rubbish. It will certainly take testing of the track before then if I am to go.

Swindon are in with a chance too, with half the Leicester side missing. Well, it is the first meeting of the year so you can't expect teams to have all their riders, can you!!

• Like 3

Any problems and Doyle will lead the revolt so it's got to be perfect. :lol: Best to call it off beforehand if there is any doubt at all rather than risk another Speedway shambles.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

I think a Swindon away win to start the season depending upon which suitable guest is in place for Danny King.

Doyle should be riding to at least a paid maximum

Any news on how the Leicester track is shaping up?

Any problems and Doyle will lead the revolt so it's got to be perfect. :lol: Best to call it off beforehand if there is any doubt at all rather than risk another Speedway shambles.

Any news on how the Leicester track is shaping up?

Damien Bates was on East Midlands News last night saying he was very confident the track would be ready, but looking at Saturday's weather forecast ( heavy thundery showers) , that maybe immaterial anyway.

Planning on coming up from Gloucester so would appreciate a local weather report mid afternoon Saturday.

Lasse guests for Auty, Klindt for King. I'd say we look a better team on paper than the Robins, but we will have no home track advantage as our riders won't have had much (if any) time out there at all. Also, Doyle is far and away the best rider on display, wouldn't be surprised if he comes out of this meeting with 15 points to his name. Hopefully Klindt carries on his good form of recent meetings back in Lions colours!

First meeting for both clubs so it will be interesting to see how both teams perform and the new shaped track. It is a pity that two Leicester riders have to be replaced with guests.

• Like 2

Just proves what a joke this double up rule is doesn't it? Two Leicester riders already missing from there first meeting of the season

• Like 3

Absolute shambles already. What is the point of clubs naming a 1-7. Might as well pick 14 random riders a couple of days before each meeting.

• Like 3

Absolute shambles already. What is the point of clubs naming a 1-7. Might as well pick 14 random riders a couple of days before each meeting.

Yeah team managers pick each side invitational only per meeting, the sport is a shambles despite the constant changes and 'new dawns'