British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 1.4.17

Hearing that some were speculating Doyley was deliberately riding slower in order to lower his average. Whilst I can understand the reasoning, if true obviously, it would be thoroughly cheating the loyal paying supporter from seeing one of the very best riders in the world compete to his absolute maximum.

I sincerely hope it's not true and it simply can be put down to an off night for Jason.

Great to hear the numbers were up, hopefully this will be somewhat of a resurgence for the Leicester Club as they've had a tough couple of years.

Adam will come good. I believe that was his first meeting this season so you have to give him a chance to get going. But BWD just isn't a second string. He'll struggle to score points anywhere. At least it should see his average drop to 3 with the first set of green sheet and he'll probably be a decent number 7.

Adam has rode in France already.

Hearing that some were speculating Doyley was deliberately riding slower in order to lower his average. Whilst I can understand the reasoning, if true obviously, it would be thoroughly cheating the loyal paying supporter from seeing one of the very best riders in the world compete to his absolute maximum.

I sincerely hope it's not true and it simply can be put down to an off night for Jason.

Great to hear the numbers were up, hopefully this will be somewhat of a resurgence for the Leicester Club as they've had a tough couple of years.

Think a few last places in Heat 15 would be the way to lower his average if meetings were already won.

I certainly can't see him doing that at a track where teams will win if they want to get to the play offs.

Strange that no one has mentioned Nick riding well & upping his average!!!

Think a few last places in Heat 15 would be the way to lower his average if meetings were already won.

I certainly can't see him doing that at a track where teams will win if they want to get to the play offs.

Strange that no one has mentioned Nick riding well & upping his average!!!

• Like 1

I enjoyed this match. I've attended many Leicester matches in my time (mostly at Blackbird Road) and without exception have shouted for the opposition. Such has been the rivalry between Coventry and Leicester over the years. But last night was different. I turned up as a neutral. Frankly I expected Swindon to win. But I just wanted to see some good racing, hopefully exciting. Well I was surprised. It was interesting that the riders rode the first and second bends as though the track hadn't been changed. At least in the early heats. But then, a few competitors started to try the narrow line into the first bend. For sure it was a hard turn into the corner but some found a fast way round that way. Enough to suggest there were at least two ways round that end of the circuit.

Anyway, well done Leicester (even if you did have to rely on a couple of Coventry loanees!).

• Like 2

I joked about it above but I honestly don't think Jason's got it in him to give anything less than 100% and if anything that's the negative in Jason's riding, being able to sit back from time to time.

He's human, humans have bad days.

No way was Doyley riding to lower his average. He seemed to be getting a bit bogged down off the start line. Anyway he would have to have a lot of off nights to lower that average.

Good meeting. A lot of positives for Leicester.

Great to see a good crowd in attendance.

That's good to hear and hope the long walk was worth it

An earlier poster mentioned just the normal two ladies on the ticket windows rushed off there feet,I remember that being the case in the past I think I saw something on the website for online tickets or was I mistaken,surely that's way forward or more turnstiles

How was the racing and size of the crowd.

Shirl

Yes, it was worth the long walk and I'll have to get used to it because I'll be a regular now, as I was last season after they allowed dogs. Good crowd and good racing, which will only improve as the track beds in and the riders get used to it. They really need to get more booths open to pay though as two is not enough. I can remember last season when there was a big queue someone used to come along the line and tell you if you had the correct money you could pay at the gate. Perhaps they are short of volunteers now? I miss Danielle on the gate. :neutral:

To the Leicester fans - does the new track look encouraging?

Some riders seem to think so but the fans view is far more important

Yes. :) There was an improvement in the racing last season after bends 3/4 were altered so I fully expect it to be even better now 1 and 2 have been sorted out, once the track beds in of course.

Did many Robins fans make the trip up from the west?

Well, we stood with three of them all night on the 4th bend so add them to the total. :lol: That's what is so nice about Speedway ~ rival fans can stand together and enjoy the racing win or lose. Have known these Swindon fans for many years and we always stand together (Coventry and Leicester) when the Robins are in town.

Good score from Erik considering he blew 2 engines the night before at Edinburgh

• Like 1

Well done to Nick Morris last night, not just for his points score, but the team riding too..

A point away from home is not a bad start, although I was hoping for better.

I still think it will be a hard season for the Robins unless changes are made..

Congratulations to Leicester though, I hope they have a much better season that last year :t:

• Like 2

Thought there was positives from last night decent crowd some great debuts of the new team hope gomolski is ok for tom..As with other comments once the track settles can only see positives. Couple of minor points that would for me make a better evening entertainment, scrap the present rider intro and go back old school bring the bikes to the start line interview each team manager then the riders let them have a couple of practise laps get the banter going from the start. Should be a rule that heat winners must do a lap of honour home or away team. Overall encouraging start bring on Poole with Danny making his home debut same again....up the Lions......

It's a travesty that Swindon have Grondal in the Team when Daryl Ritchings is sitting it out in one league with a team with limited meetings.

No way was Doyley riding to lower his average. He seemed to be getting a bit bogged down off the start line. Anyway he would have to have a lot of off nights to lower that average.

Good meeting. A lot of positives for Leicester.

Great to see a good crowd in attendance.

If Jason scored a maximum in every match he'd still be lowering his average.

• Like 2

I don't think he did ~ I didn't see him anyway. The Swindon fans I was with enjoyed it and were happy to be taking away a bonus point.

gracan, I hope you made the meeting, I hope you had an enjoyable night, accept the result of course.

I don't think he did ~ I didn't see him anyway. The Swindon fans I was with enjoyed it and were happy to be taking away a bonus point.

Didn't go in the end. Was going to go but my wife wasn't feeling well on Saturday morning so we decided not to.

She was glad Swindon lost as it meant I wouldn't be annoyed we didn't go!

• Like 1

Wouldn't be a problem if the BSPA/promoters used a bit of common sense and didn't run the top two leagues on the same days.

One day even the BSPA will eventually realise that. The whole sport has been shouting this for years.