British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Leicester - Swindon 1.4.17

I suppose we have to assume no news is good news

It's really irritating, particularly as tomorrow's weather forecast is improving lately.

If practice was called off then reassurances that the track is ok are imperative.

Either that or cancel it in plenty of time!

Is it time to allow for guests to come from riders outside of the UK? Bored of seeing the same riders for different clubs

I've said it before why the idiot they rebranded the sport without first getting the basics done is beyond me, the bspa have run this into the ground.

1. No doubling Up

2. Reduce costs for riders

3. Reduce costs for fans

4. Attract more fans

5. Kids or young adults 17 and under free across all speedway meeting cup and league excluding cup and play off finals

6. Track covers for all race tracks

Only then would I rebrand the sport, now they've idioted themselves even more by having to stick with their decisions of the winter

• Like 2

In fairness, thats a 5 pt reserve who averages 8+ at Leicester, and has had two huge scores in his first two meetings in England this year

The way I see it is Klindt and King average similar amounts last season. Ok one was a heatleader all season and one was a reserve for a bit but around at Leicester right now there's probably not a huge amount in it.

Just spoke to Dave Gordon and Chris Morton ...they tell me that the track if fine and buy your tickets in advance :wink:

• Like 3

The way I see it is Klindt and King average similar amounts last season. Ok one was a heatleader all season and one was a reserve for a bit but around at Leicester right now there's probably not a huge amount in it.

Still can't work out why they didn't have Klindt guesting for Auty & R/R for King, would have made us stronger.

Still can't work out why they didn't have Klindt guesting for Auty & R/R for King, would have made us stronger.

Agree with that actually. But R/R is always a little risky, if another rider gets injured you're really in trouble

Agree with that actually. But R/R is always a little risky, if another rider gets injured you're really in trouble

Yes, there's always that risk.

• Like 1

Just spoke to Dave Gordon and Chris Morton ...they tell me that the track if fine and buy your tickets in advance :wink:

That was backed up by Matt Ford & Neil Middleditch😉😉

It seemed a bit odd to me that after Glyn had been re-hired, the Track Curator position on the website list of club officials kept showing TBC whilst all of the others had names added, as and when appointments were made. His name never appeared.

It seemed a bit odd to me that after Glyn had been re-hired, the Track Curator position on the website list of club officials kept showing TBC whilst all of the others had names added, as and when appointments were made. His name never appeared.

I thought that too. Popped in to have a look at the track yesterday, Glyn wasn't there, couple of guys going round with some big machinery. Didn't appear to be much of a top surface on it. New owner was there however, plus a certain Mr. Hemsley too!

Sorry can not give any info today, I will be in Nottingham all day, should just get back in time for the meeting.

The forecast seems to show less rain now, just a light rain shower around 6pm so hopefully the meeting will be ok.

I know quite a few people keep saying that they are surprised that David Hemsley has been up the track recently but you have to remember that he is still owner of the stadium and also is still a speedway fan he was quite a regular at Coventry and Peterborough before setting Leicester up.

I know quite a few people keep saying that they are surprised that David Hemsley has been up the track recently but you have to remember that he is still owner of the stadium and also is still a speedway fan he was quite a regular at Coventry and Peterborough before setting Leicester up.

I hope that if the racing tonight is a lot better than the meetings last year that the fans tell him the he should have made the track changes.