British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smithers

Most missed Rider

Guest Smithers

If you could have any old rider back in his prime riding for your team who would it be? I would like to have Per Jonsson back (bless him). Still holds the track record at smallmead which I doubt will ever be broken.

Totally agree with Smithers and this man just oozed class on a bike and i think your right Smithers that track record has stood for around 15 years and i cannot see anybody touching it.

Without doubt Per Jonsson was the greatest Reading Racer i have ever seen and i just hope our new Swede Joonas Davidsson can come close to this legend then we will have another World beater on our hands.

Holla if ya hear me 8)

Kenny Carter for England.... he'd give the team a bloody good kick up the arse and get them working whatever the track conditions.

England were beaten by the track in last years world cup and there is no way Kenny would have allowed that.

Guest Smithers

Kenny Carter - Wasn't he involved in some sort of shooting incident a few years back. Is he dead?

Kenny Carter - Wasn't he involved in some sort of shooting incident a few years back. Is he dead?

Yes to both questions.

A tragic story.

think somebody has just pissed me off

Guest sheffieldbabe

kenny carter shot his wife then shot hiself and left his son malc on his own.

I didn't know that about Kenny's son, but apart from that aren't we going over old ground here?

I miss Per Jonsson too. A large part of Reading speedway disappeared when he had his accident and I reckon he would have won a few more World Championships if it hadn't been for his injury. Does anyone know if there are any other riders who have finished their careers top of the British averages?

I'd love to see Shawn McConnell or Andrew Silver back at Swindon and I reckon both could still do a good job in the PL too.

Most missed -

Johno -

since Monday for me

and

a week last Sunday for ML :lol:

I am going to cheat here and have two riders :D

I miss Tommy Jansson and Reidar Eide, both huge heroes of mine.

Tommy was such a class performer and Reidar was a tough guy who showed plenty of class too. Both sadly gone :-(

You are right Addy I miss Johnno ;)

I was never a big fan of Cradley or the USA. But I've got to say that Bruce Penhall's retirement was a massive blow to the sport when it happened.

I agree with others that Per Jonsson was magic too. But nobody could match Bruce's pulling power - and I'm sure many of the ladies will agree :roll: ;)

Guest cheetahhawk

I also miss Tommy Jansson,he was brilliant and a really nice guy too.Another one I miss is Simon Wigg, it was always fun when Wiggy was around. :D

Guest sheffieldbabe

i miss paul lee wow!!!!

But nobody could match Bruce's pulling power - and I'm sure many of the ladies will agree :roll: ;)

Definitely :P:P:P

wheres a drool smilie when I want one?