British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smithers

Most missed Rider

I think this is when the photo of Ivan Mauger & Uncle Ted was taken, could it have been Young England v Australasia ( :?: ) not sure on the spelling there ;)

No Shazz, Ivan rode at Kingsmead in a meeting in November - JSH got special permission to stage it - could have been some kind of anniversary meeting like the 50th year of speedway or something like that.

Just phoned my dad and the picture was definately taken @ Kingsmead. I did say above it COULD have been but wasn't sure ;)

Kevin Hammond wrote

He did a few match races but I can't remember who they were against,

I think it was Bert Harkins and Dave Jessup, Kev. I've still got the prog at home with all their autographs on it so I'll dig it out next time I'm in the loft and check.

Kevin Hammond wrote

He did a few match races but I can't remember who they were against,

I think it was Bert Harkins and Dave Jessup, Kev. I've still got the prog at home with all their autographs on it so I'll dig it out next time I'm in the loft and check.

Yes, that's right it was definately Dave Jessup duncrusadin that's reminded me. I can't remember Haggis being there though (but that means nothing :) )

Eric Gunderson, many excellent riders come from Denmark, but I believe he is one the best.

Billy the Rooty Hill Rocket Sanders.

Has to be the one and only Terry Betts, Mr King's Lynn speedway. He was my first real memory of speedway and I spent many many meetings at Saddlebow watching my hero in action. ;);)

Guest BARMYARMY

barry thomas. never made a gate in his life lol. but give it 110 per cent from the back , what a entertainer.

barry thomas. never made a gate in his life lol. but give it 110 per cent from the back , what a entertainer.
Liontamer where are you? :?

Liontamer where are you? :?

Sorry, I was busy making a delivery at the tradesman's entrance. 8)