British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue 5/4/17 And Belle Vue V Poole 7/4/17 Ko Cup.

After dispatching Wolves in the ES, next Wednesday brings a much tougher test to Wimborne Road with the Belle Vue Aces in the first round of the Knock Out Cup, with the second leg 48 hours later.

Poole will be welcoming Lewis Kerr into the team on a baptism of fire.

Belle Vue have put together a good team, but may suffer the same problems which affected Wolves. A pair of youngsters at reserve with zero experience at this level. While they might quickly get dialled in at NSS, both might find the going tough away from home.

It could be very close over the two legs.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Come on Steve you know that you are supposed to put the fixtures in separate threads.

Edited by Packerman

Really like the look of this Belle Vue team, young exciting and also they have an eye on the future with the two young reserves.I think Belle Vue need to keep it tight in the first leg then can win over the two at home.

looking forward to seeing young dan bewley for the first time,another bright prospect,watch out aussies the young brits are coming!!

• Like 4

for once I agree with SS about our inexperienced reserves, they need time to adjust especially Jack. Klindt seems to be mopping up at reserve and your 2nd strings went well last night.

However I fancy us to keep it to within 10 points at Poole, then win it over the 2 legs at the NSS.

This fixture might be a bit early for Belle vue two riders in the 1 to 5 that will be riding there first meetings for us and 2 very young reserves in their 1st prem league meetingsI think we will handle Poole better later on in the season when the team gels more and they have had a good few meetings under their belts more so home meetings.time will tell.

• Like 1

Belle Vue 1-5,probably strongerr than Wolves, Bewley is the key, if he can get a couple of race wins then looking good, otherwise KK and Andersen with Klindt backing them up may be too much.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

Well its an early test, Poole have a couple of meetings under their belt already and for us its our first outing of the season. Our two reserves have definitely got the ability to forge good careers for themselves but I think the first round of away matches will be tough for them as they find their feet. Im not expecting too much next week if im honest and as Poole will relish coming up to Manchester we need to try to keep it as tight as possible in the first leg. Ive booked next week off to come down for this and Swindon the next night so hope the fabled Southern weather holds up :). If the forecast is iffy will still come down for the night with Swindon in mind. No point wasting a holiday stuck at home.

There are pros and cons to this one, our reserves are in form and the whole team have a couple of meetings under their belt even Kerr has had a couple although the last one didn't end so well! Plus for the away leg we have riders who like big tracks especially KK. Belle Vue on the other hand have a good team but could struggle at reserve a lot depends on how Bewley goes.

Not sure if KK is available for the away leg or the Leicester meeting the day after. Results in Poland will determine that.

Can't see how anyone can say any riders are currently "on form" if shanes and klindt can maintain high scores over 6/7 meetings then I would class that as form

Poole look good tho and will have a strong reserve all season, belle vue as stated by someone else have a couple of really promising young guns who will develope further into the season and come play off time could be the difference, I'd rather have that but there are no guarantees in speedway

Can't see how anyone can say any riders are currently "on form" if shanes and klindt can maintain high scores over 6/7 meetings then I would class that as form

Poole look good tho and will have a strong reserve all season, belle vue as stated by someone else have a couple of really promising young guns who will develope further into the season and come play off time could be the difference, I'd rather have that but there are no guarantees in speedway

James will find life a little bit more difficult away from home

He will, but nobody was expecting much from him anyway. What he scores will be a bonus..

Well he rode well at Wolves although it is a track he has ridden before but he will give it his best wherever he rides and we had very low expectations so all we can say right now is it's a good start.

Well he rode well at Wolves although it is a track he has ridden before but he will give it his best wherever he rides and we had very low expectations so all we can say right now is it's a good start.

It looks like he took to the NSS track last year for Kent scoring 16 points