British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Countries Where Flat Track Has Failed

I see from a report about the sport in Spain it mentioned that it was tried in the 1980s and 90s but failed to gain a foothold.Now there is a new attempt and who knows how that will pan out.We also had the BMW report that pretty much backed up what i mentioned about the sport in Germany,that it has few fans and even fewer riders.So.......

1.Spain

2.Germany

3.Netherlands

4.Poland

Been tried and not really taken off in the Netherlands.Is it worth putting that on the list or should we wait?Any more countries to add? I'll put the unconfirmed countries in provisionally

Edited by iris123

Found this about a launch of Flat Track in the Speedway heartland of Poland back in 2015? Obviously hard to get a foothold in a country where the record crowd in the US of 9,000 plus is weekly on a number of ocassions bettered at speedway tracks around Poland.Any news of how the sport has progressed recently or can we add Poland to the list of countries where Flat Track has failed?

The headline states "Flat track with MotoRania in Poland: We are about to open a ranch - how does it work?"

http://motormania.com.pl/newsy/swiat/flat-track-z-motormania-w-polsce-juz-niedlugo-otwieramy-ranczo-jak-to-dziala/

Here is the Motoarena in Torun where last week for the "Mickey Mouse" best pairs competition it is said it was half full at 10,000.When there are meaningfull meetings it is packed.Is it worth Flat Track trying to get a meeting on in such a stadium or are they better of at places like Lelystad or Rye House,i wonder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUKG7ZUROc

torun_venue.jpg

Can we add to this list,i wonder?

Belgium?

As far as i can make out there is one Flat Track meeting in Belgium.Are there more?Can we say if the scene is growing or failing?