British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

King's Lynn Vs Somerset 5th April Premiership

Fight as in your riders were allegedly scrapping in the pits.....

That's out of order. They should be told to do it on the centre green.

Is Holder getting is average down or is it just Jason Doyle that people are going to accuse of that?

Back in the 70's there were 12 different entry points all able to take the admission. Now, the cost are much more of an issue where added security is a major concern,. But saying that, if people got there early enough there would be no problem.....

The opening up of a few more turn styles would not cost anything as most staff appear to be volunteers. Security outside the turn styles should be able to cope with say 4 rather than 2 providing they are close together.

Why not have the facilty to purchase tickets on line. Believe Belle Vue offer this at no extra cost!

Why not have the facilty to purchase tickets on line. Believe Belle Vue offer this at no extra cost!

Swindon do this too, although I'm not sure how popular it is.

Would happily purchase online as long as i can do it on day of meeting​ and weather is set fair.

I wrote to the Management telling them many fans were fed up waiting for the start due to "queues at the turnstiles" I come from the other side of Norwich and can get there on time so I suggested if they started at the correct time and the latecomers missed a few heats, then tough. Maybe they would wake up to the fact we are not prepared to wait for their poor time keeping. Much to my surprise and delight they have taken notice! Well done Stars Management.

• Like 1

Surely the it is down the Promotion to work a system that enables the public to hand over their cash and enter the stadium, before the start time. Like Trees said get all the windows open.

Back in the 70s there may well have ben 12 turnstiles, but how ever they got people into the stadium they found away of doing it before the advertised start time. The same should apply today.

Shop at Lidl and Aldi, they have a fluid system on the checkouts to take peoples money. They like to keep their customers happy, hence why they are opening stores everywhere.

Edited by semion

It's true

Josh G and Wright scrapping good and proper.

It's how Josh injured his hand, not the crash

I want to congratulate the promotion tonight.

No tractors in the middle

very few grading breaks and the meeting flowed beautifully and finished by 9.45.

They've also made it be known, from now on the meeting will not be delayed if people can't get to the meeting's on time.

Why were they at odds?

I wrote to the Management telling them many fans were fed up waiting for the start due to "queues at the turnstiles" I come from the other side of Norwich and can get there on time so I suggested if they started at the correct time and the latecomers missed a few heats, then tough. Maybe they would wake up to the fact we are not prepared to wait for their poor time keeping. Much to my surprise and delight they have taken notice! Well done Stars Management.

What about for those that like me have to work until 6pm(sometimes),get home,showered out by about 7pm to the track at about 7.20-25.I would assume there are a few that live further than me that work until 6pm too.Anyway that's besides the point i still believe they should start on time.

To me the turnstyle system has to be improved to get people in quicker.The times people wait because they have to let someone go past who has just paid at window 4 before they can pay at windows 1,2,3.The cashiers are sitting idle while people have to let those who have just paid go through the front of the other pay points.

Can't they have a door put in one of the big gates at turn 3 or 4 and have people paying say the exact cash at these points to gain entry.Do we need the posh tickets that they have to print out,it may only take a couple of seconds but times that by 1500 people.

Semion you said you cant remember waiting for the start in the 70's.My above points were better then,also we rode on a Saturday night and yes crowds were 4 times bigger then.But people were getting there early as not many people had to work on a Saturday until 5/6pm.Now your are probably getting so many people turn up at roughly the same time,as Wednesday is a work day.

Why were they at odds?

Maybe something to do with Wright taking him off in ht 7 in my view.

Edited by tellboy

Well well, not happy at all about this alleged fracas with Charles and Josh. If it is true and Josh has broke his thumb as a consequence, how barmy is that. Potentially r/r for him then on Friday. Disappointed with both of them if this is true, especially Josh as the skipper.🤔

Re Josh I'm not overly surprised something about him in the Swindon side last year never sat well with me , despite what some say don't think a particularly influential member of the side was very keen on him?

Back in the 70's there were 12 different entry points all able to take the admission. Now, the cost are much more of an issue where added security is a major concern,. But saying that, if people got there early enough there would be no problem.....

I used to sell raffle tickets and I occasionally used to work on the turnstiles circa late 1990s there were very rarely more than 4 turnstiles open. 2 full price and concession/child on the home straight and one (occasionally) 2 on the crown of the 3/4bends. I can't remember many if any delayed starts tho.

Have a parade 7.20 first race 7.30 and if everyone not in the stadium tough leave earlier to get to the track - I'm sure the ones we waited for would soon catch on to this if they missed a race or two .

• Like 1

Re Josh I'm not overly surprised something about him in the Swindon side last year never sat well with me , despite what some say don't think a particularly influential member of the side was very keen on him?

The Aussies were trying to get rid of Wright for most of last year.

Can you have rr or a guest for a non speedway related injury?

Maybe if speedway was a tenner people would get in quicker? 😉

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut