British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TMW

Wolves V Leicester 3 . 4 . 2017

But why did Riss need to go that way? As long as he on the track and on the way to the tapes that's good enough to beat the 2 mins....

Is it? Akways thought you had to be at the tapes ready to race

What are the specific rules?? Did he cross the Centre Green? or did he just go on the edge? are the rules explicit enough? These are all relevant points,,

But does the penalty fit the crime? Why it is always the fans who pay for the misdemeanour ???..... . Why not deduct a point from his score, instead, but don't takeaway from the fans the opportunity to see him race.... . That's what they pay to come and watch..

I don't think there is a clearer rule, it doesn't need 'specifics'.

Riders aren't allowed on the centre green on their bike under power or not prior to the start of a race. End of. There is nothing clearer than that.

Is it? Akways thought you had to be at the tapes ready to race

I always thought you had to be under power and on the track ready to race by the 2 minute rule? Edited by stevebrum

What are the specific rules?? Did he cross the Centre Green? or did he just go on the edge? are the rules explicit enough? These are all relevant points,,

But does the penalty fit the crime? Why it is always the fans who pay for the misdemeanour ???..... . Why not deduct a point from his score, instead, but don't takeaway from the fans the opportunity to see him race.... . That's what they pay to come and watch..

You could say that about most rules, a lot of rules are open to interpretation which the referee has to adjudicate on. What about when two riders fall off from the same team in the same race your left with the farce of two riders doing 4 laps with no competition.

To be fair to Jim Lynch re: Danny King going in Heat 15 .... King had bike issues on the night culminating in bike failure in his third ride ? Then sorted out or on second bike ? Ran third in Ht 13 but did beat erstwhile unbeaten Kim Nilsson in that race so Lynch probably thought he was still the best partner for Nilsson in the last race ?.... seems to make some sense does it not ?

As for Bates v Ayres in Heat 14 unless there was a reason Bates could not ride - seems a poor tactical decision not to replace despite Danny Ayres having a good first three rides.

I think the rule about 2 mins and centre green are linked and were changed at the same time. Riders were going over centre green when they would not of made it to the tapes in the 2 mins if they rode around the track. So for safety reasons, no one is allowed on centre green, also I think you only have to be under power and on track and not at the tapes when the 2 mins has elapsed .

I don't think there is a clearer rule, it doesn't need 'specifics'.

Riders aren't allowed on the centre green on their bike under power or not prior to the start of a race. End of. There is nothing clearer than that.

I always thought you had to be under power and on the track ready to race by the 2 minute rule?

Obviously its not clear enough, Do you think Riss would have done that if he realised he was not allowed to ? Surely he's not stupid......

No doubt he will not do it again, but probably it should have been explained how serious offence it was, instead of assuming he knew...

You could say that about most rules, a lot of rules are open to interpretation which the referee has to adjudicate on. What about when two riders fall off from the same team in the same race your left with the farce of two riders doing 4 laps with no competition.

In instances, like you say, the Ref needs to make a decision of who fell off first, Usually that's a good indication ....

Obviously its not clear enough, Do you think Riss would have done that if he realised he was not allowed to ? Surely he's not stupid......

No doubt he will not do it again, but probably it should have been explained how serious offence it was, instead of assuming he knew...

In instances, like you say, the Ref needs to make a decision of who fell off first, Usually that's a good indication ....

Others were exluded last year for doing it so yes hes just that stupid

• Like 1

The amount of times I have seen riders take a short cut to get to the tapes and not be pulled up by the ref are inumerable. You even see it happen in the GP,s. It is something you see at most meetings where you see them nip around the back of the tapes, rather tahn go the long way round. It has either got to be enforced at every meeting or make sure that the riders know, when they can get away with it. Because iot seems a lot of refs turn a blind eye to it.

• Like 1

The amount of times I have seen riders take a short cut to get to the tapes and not be pulled up by the ref are inumerable.

Inumerable?

Name one.

Edited by BWitcher

Inumerable?

Name one.

Dont forget the rule was only brought in last year aswell

Dont forget the rule was only brought in last year aswell

Exactly. It 'used' to be a regular occurrence.

• Like 1

Not when they both fall independently or not under power.

Trouble is, the rules are different to those in other events/countries so i can see how he didn't know. Perhaps no-one pointed it out to him before, a good manager at either of his tracks would have. Other ones i see quite often are people riding out of the pits when you are not allowed to ride in (makes no sense) and riders itching to take off the cut out lanyard at the end of a race despite its use being mandatory when the engine is running.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Trouble is, the rules are different to those in other events/countries so i can see how he didn't know. Perhaps no-one pointed it out to him before, a good manager at either of his tracks would have. Other ones i see quite often are people riding out of the pits when you are not allowed to ride in (makes no sense) and riders itching to take off the cut out lanyard at the end of a race despite its use being mandatory when the engine is running.

The rule was in last year in the UK and he rode over here last year. He should know the rule.

• Like 1

The rule was in last year in the UK and he rode over here last year. He should know the rule.

School boy error. He'll learn!