British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedball

Visiting Edinburgh & Glasgow

Thanks again especially Scotchopper. Great advice.

Trip all booked up now. Plumped for the Premier Inn and will just taxi it to the stadium and back.

My wife doesn't like football or speedway but hopefully a mate will be making the trip with me. He's not especially a speedway fan but he's trying to source an Old Firm ticket. If he can, he'll come with me (if anyone can help with that, please message me).

Just hoping the weather gods are kind!!!

There's one or two on here that will be more in the know with the Old Firm ticket side of things, incl The Scotsman.

Thanks again especially Scotchopper. Great advice.

Trip all booked up now. Plumped for the Premier Inn and will just taxi it to the stadium and back.

My wife doesn't like football or speedway but hopefully a mate will be making the trip with me. He's not especially a speedway fan but he's trying to source an Old Firm ticket. If he can, he'll come with me (if anyone can help with that, please message me).

Just hoping the weather gods are kind!!!

All depends what end you need a ticket for Rangers End i may be able to get one although as it is the final league old firm game i cannot promise anything .

If it is there end i would have no chance although i wouldn't send my worst enemy to sit with the palestine warriors

I will PM you on my progress as i say it is difficult to get your hands on these but i will do my best for you.

• Like 2

Hope it goes well mate. I have fond memories of my trips to Edinburgh, there are some good folks up there

• Like 1

I didn't say it was walking distance, I said its "almost" walking distance and advised to use a taxi that would only be 2 mins. More accurately 5 minutes by taxi as "Premier Inn, Bathgate, EH48 1LL" to "Armadale Stadium, Bathgate Road, EH48 2PD" is, according to AA route planner, 4.8 miles. So yeah would be a long walk.

Sorry didn't mean to be harsh just didn't want speedball to get the impression that walking was a good option. It is possible but over 3.5 miles (google maps predicts a 70 minute walk) and not a walk I would do or recommend especially after the meeting in the dark. Walk would be through the town but driving would go around Bathgate hence the difference in distance.

Hope you have a good time speedball and if you have any other questions or thoughts just ping me and i'll try my best to answer. Can't help with the old firm match though, not something on my bucket list.

• Like 2

Sorry didn't mean to be harsh just didn't want speedball to get the impression that walking was a good option. It is possible but over 3.5 miles (google maps predicts a 70 minute walk) and not a walk I would do or recommend especially after the meeting in the dark. Walk would be through the town but driving would go around Bathgate hence the difference in distance.

Hope you have a good time speedball and if you have any other questions or thoughts just ping me and i'll try my best to answer. Can't help with the old firm match though, not something on my bucket list.

Not at all mate, no worries. You did a good job.

Even at 3.5 miles, can't remember when I last walked that far. I wouldn't walk 100 yards in the dark. Quick and easy by taxi of course.

• Like 1

All depends what end you need a ticket for Rangers End i may be able to get one although as it is the final league old firm game i cannot promise anything .

If it is there end i would have no chance although i wouldn't send my worst enemy to sit with the palestine warriors

I will PM you on my progress as i say it is difficult to get your hands on these but i will do my best for you.

I would rather sit with the Palestine warriors

I would rather sit with the Palestine warriors

For you i would let i would also stick a King Billy photo with FTP on the back off your jacket whilst you werent looking, all in the name of over exuberance if you know what i mean.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Does the P stand for polis Gazc?

Going in the rangers end Speedball?

A tip for you don't smile cause if you have more than 5 teeth then the monkeys...sorry i mean rangers fans will think your a tim.

But wear your dirtiest smelliest clothes if you are in the smelltic end so that you blend in.

And never ever make eye contact.

• Like 2

But wear your dirtiest smelliest clothes if you are in the smelltic end so that you blend in.

And never ever make eye contact.

Trouble with eye contact is you really never know who the majority are looking at with there quarter to three eyes and they don't get contacts on the brew.

Does the P stand for polis Gazc?

Going in the rangers end Speedball?

A tip for you don't smile cause if you have more than 5 teeth then the monkeys...sorry i mean rangers fans will think your a tim.

Aye baba in the name off not offending anyone you are correct it is the polis.

Would just send Blobby in with the King Billy photo on his back all in the name of over exuberance.

• Like 1

I think you'll be very lucky to get an Old Firm ticket as really it's only Rangers season ticket holders plus the away support, no (or very, very few) general sale tickets AFAIK so unless you know someone with a ticket they're not using you may struggle.

Thanks Gazc. Definitely looking for the Rangers end :D

If you tell your mate to hang around for 15 minutes he will get in no problem :party:

• Like 1

If you tell your mate to hang around for 15 minutes he will get in no problem :party:

My sides are splitting enjoy it while you can we welcome the chase ;) .

Not at all mate, no worries. You did a good job.

Even at 3.5 miles, can't remember when I last walked that far. I wouldn't walk 100 yards in the dark. Quick and easy by taxi of course.

I guess Speedball is too polite to ask, but I'm happy to be cheeky!

So would there be anyone attending meeting who could give a welcome visitor a lift back to hotel, saves having to book and then get taxi?