British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Rye House Vs Swindon 08.04.17

What are we thinking here? Can see this being closer than some think Doyle, Ellis, BWD and Morris are all decent at Rye

1. Kennett

2. Robson

3. Harris

4. Watt

5. Nicholls

6. Branford

7. Perks

1. Doyle

2. BWD

3. Ellis

4. Bellegeo

5. Morris

6. Grondal

7. Zac W

10pt home win

Correct me if I'm wrong but Everytime I've seen Adam Ellis around Rye he's been woeful! The same goes for Zac W. Despite a good track record round Rye BWD I think will struggle at 2. On the other hand Grondal will be a weapon at reserve as all Rye fans will know from last season. Doyle, Morris and Bellego will all score very well.

Going for a Rye win by 5-10

• Like 1

Ellis has had some stinkers at Rye in the past, so Swindon do look very vulnerable @ 3 and 4.

It's the one track that Grondal nearly always scores well on, so Swindon will be relying on those points to keep it somewhat close.

I think Rye have a cracking side though, and half expect them to go unbeaten at Hoddesdon this year.

Interesting one this !! Althhough I see RH winning, I sure Swindon will ask a few questions. RH have a good solid team, all capable of winning races whereas Swindon rely too heavily of Doyle and Morris. I think those two will keeps the score close but they can't ride in every race. RH to team ride to victory... Predict : RH by 8

Rye House 60 Swindon 30

Two reasons, people have hugely underestimated the depth of the Rye side and Doyle wont score huge, he won only 1 race from 5 at Leicester (his previous home track. Early season "form" like that will put a huge dent in his 13 point average allowing some big team changes shortly. Call me cynical but been going to speedway too long to be know if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its most probably a ....

Rye House 60 Swindon 30

Two reasons, people have hugely underestimated the depth of the Rye side and Doyle wont score huge, he won only 1 race from 5 at Leicester (his previous home track. Early season "form" like that will put a huge dent in his 13 point average allowing some big team changes shortly. Call me cynical but been going to speedway too long to be know if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its most probably a ....

It's a cup meeting, it doesn't count towards his average.

I'd take a 10-15 point win, anything bigger would be a bonus.

I forgot an official meeting doesn't count to an official average. Could only happen in Speedway.

• Like 2

Last time Ellis rode RYe was in 2015. ( albeit NL standard)

Dropped one point off a full max riding for Birmingham, and had only dropped one point going into the final of the NLRC where he clattered the air fence trying a last bend sweep on Ben Morley. .. hardly stinkers.

Dropped one point off a full max riding for Birmingham, and had only dropped one point going into the final of the NLRC where he clattered the air fence trying a last bend sweep on Ben Morley. .. hardly stinkers.

I forgot an official meeting doesn't count to an official average. Could only happen in Speedway.

Its a different competition so not really. FA cup goals dont count towards a league total...

He's also had meetings there at PL level where he scored 1 point.

I thought if you were sent off in a FA Cup match you missed the next three matches even if they were league matches.