British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolverhampton V Coventry 10th April (challenge)

Why no Kerr either?

Sickness apparently

It's a shame as we only have a handful of meetings and here we are with K Bjerre, Bates and Kerr.

Can see it being very one sided now

Can see this happening more in these meetings as the season kicks in. Heard at Peterborough it was hard to get two riders out for heat 15.

Can see this happening more in these meetings as the season kicks in. Heard at Peterborough it was hard to get two riders out for heat 15.

Stefan is in heat 15 tonight rather than bees riders.

Would Wolves be able to replace one of their current reserves with Stefan?

Stefan is in heat 15 tonight rather than bees riders.

Would Wolves be able to replace one of their current reserves with Stefan?

According to averages Stefans average is about 5.53 so a point and a half too high

Average meeting, we couldn't really get out of the start.

Bjerre and Nielsen rode well.

With a full team it would have been close

I maybe me but, No atmosphere, no excitement and not much to write about. Neilsen apart, I didn't think the Bees riders did a lot.

Clegg and Geaves were AWFUL

I maybe me but, No atmosphere, no excitement and not much to write about. Neilsen apart, I didn't think the Bees riders did a lot.

So what do you reckon then? Is it time to knock this on the head if it's going to be an assortment of riders going under the Coventry name? The Peterborough meeting was amazing and perhaps it should have just been a one off. I'll go to the Leicester one hoping the team has some sort of resemblance to the original team but it looks like Kerr has deflected already now he has a place with Poole. :neutral:

Edited by Gemini

Peterborough was better for bees fans because they won,

For me the difference between Bees and Panthers was like night and day, although it gave both teams and supporters of each club an early season appetiser.

I'll be at Leicester in May but that will most probably be my season over, and to be honest I haven't seen anything that wold tempt me back full time.

Edited by full-throttle

Thought the turnout was decent to be fair. Plenty of fans from Coventry.

Agree on Clegg and Greaves. They aren't up to this standard unfortunately, putting them out there every week with very little (if any) scoring must be demoralising for them.

Not sure what people were expecting from this exercise?

Of course some of the meetings will end up as Bees select sides, but it gives us a story to put in the paper over the next couple of days and Jeff will bombard them with pictures I'm sure.

I enjoyed it. Caught up with people I hadn't seen since Peterborough, whom I normally see a couple of times a week at meetings, and saw some decent heats.

Masters v King and Schlein in 13 was great stuff and better than anything I observed at the 'real' meeting at Leicester on Saturday.

• Like 1

Plenty of visiting fans, and fair play to the many Wolves fans I saw in the full price queue, so thank you to them,

To me there was something missing, I haven't been attending speedway for a few years, but it didn't seem the same especially for a local derby, challenge match or otherwise.

I can't work out what is wrong with Clegg, I seem to recall he was hitting big numbers for Cradley last year and picking up a few for Wolves, he just seemed well of the pace tonight

I tend to agree with the posts above. I can see more and more scrabbling about for riders as the season goes on. And, bearing in mind each fixture is an away fixture, I'd be gutted to have made plans to travel only to be faced with load of last minute rider drop-outs.

Sad as it is, but tonight finally registers that Coventry Speedway is dead and not coming back. Feel so sad for the faithful who happened to go along to Wolverhampton tonight to be faced with a team whose top scorer once was one of the better ones in the Coventry third tier !

Van Straaten at Wolves, had offered a second turnstile to allow a reduced admission price to supplement a fighting fund at Coventry - shame he did not offer a third one to allow for those mugs who had contributed to realise they been shafted once again by British Speedway promoters making a fast buck on those who keep them in a Waitrose shopping lifestyle, fast cars and semi decent sparkling wine. Shame on them ! I will look on them on them on their way down in circles, more so than they did on their smug attitudes on their upwards. Hopefully the saying what comes around goes around will suffice.

Coventry Speedway RIP - you deserved better !!!!!!!!!!

Well I thought it was an ok meeting, heat 8 and 13 were especially entertaining. Stefan was very good value, Rory and Bjerre both had good rides. It was unfortunately King and Garrity that struggled, Jason really is getting frustrating to watch. He has been watching the simon stead locking up technique, to much time going sideward and at times backwards to provide enough points. I thought over the winter he would kick on this season but the same as last year.. Frustrating. Even made Skorniki look good!!!

The bees team when running this year did have a new identity, people saying it doesn't feel like a bees team just wait till Harris is back and then it suddenly will feel different. Some riders pulling out was not ideal but some rode when not feeling 100%. Kerr has obviously gone to the dark side already with the Pirates . These meetings are to support the riders but also the name of the club, I fully support what we are trying to achieve and fair play to Jeff Davies and co for what they are doing. When we open back up again be it next year or a year or so later these people deserve huge credit, if there is a way to save us these guys are going to do all they can. Giving up now helps how?

Wolves top 3 look very good at home at least, they are carrying the reserves though and with that they will struggle to get top 4 unless changes are made.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 1