British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Wolverhampton V Coventry 10th April (challenge)

Imagine the alternative. No Bees matches whatsoever.

Come on people. Not every match will be a classic. But that's always been true.

Not every rider will be fit or available. But that's also always been true.

There are people working very hard to get these meetings on and keep the Bees name alive. They deserve a large vote of thanks and our support. There were a lot of Bees fans and Wolves fans there last night.

Now we can look forward to going south and beating Poole and a trip to Rye to see more than 7 Bees riders in the same meeting!

• Like 5

Don`t think its enough to put speedway meetings on just to keep the name Coventry Bees name alive, already the team is losing its identity and becoming more a team of extras whom the bees fans have no affinity to, personally think its doomed to failure now. I`ll be very surprised if this team gets any further bookings. To keep the interest alive the original 2017 team needed to be tracked as near damn it.

There were a lot of Bees fans and Wolves fans there last night.

There were a lot of Bees fans there last night, not so sure about Wolves. I had a walk along the whole of the terrace and there were a lot of gaps further along up in front of the stand

I maybe me but, No atmosphere, no excitement and not much to write about. Neilsen apart, I didn't think the Bees riders did a lot.

Clegg and Geaves were AWFUL

Don't worry its like that most weeks

• Like 1

So you care enough to go and knock it.

But not enough to go and say thank you for the effort of the many behind the scenes not to mention the riders who put themselves on the line for challenge matches.

I despair and hope sincerely that those working so hard to keep the Bees alive don't read this. Hang your heads in shame.

• Like 1

I think the idea is to keep the bees name going, who rides for them is irrelevant

I was replying to full-throttle and I blame him for making me feel depressed. :lol: Once Bomber is in the team I'll cheer up.

That's the Bomber who asked for a transfer before we knew we weren't running this year is it?

But he was born in Denmark, so he's not a Brit either!!

I know what you mean though, and agree with you. I saw him at Mildenhall on Sunday, and he was head and shoulders above everyone else. More than worthy of a team place with someone.

Stefan is british i believe jason crump was born in england but hes definately australian😀 Edited by lewy

That's the Bomber who asked for a transfer before we knew we weren't running this year is it?

Before we knew ,yes.

But very likely not before he knew. ;)

Before we knew ,yes.

But very likely not before he knew. ;)

An insightful and intelligent analysis not previously demonstrated. You could be right. But then...

Respectfully, I think that's a bit of a low blow there. Whether Chris knew about the potential issues for this season or not, he gave 11 season's stirling service for the club and owes us absolutely nothing.

And I thought the way his transfer request was handled, openly and respectfully before the end of the season showed real class.

The club has been on its backside for years. I don't blame him for one second for asking for a move. In fact, I'm glad he got out when he did.

If there was one rider I would have wanted to avoid being caught up this sorry mess, it would have been Bomber. I suspect many others feel the same.

• Like 7

I have no real issue with Chris Harris. I wish him well for the future

Edited by False dawn