Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester V Poole 8/4/17 Ela

Steve Shovlar, on 09 Apr 2017 - 1:51 PM, said:

It would have run to 20 pages already.

Leicester cheats!

Middlo probably looked at the two teams and probably thought not worth the effort and let the lads just win it regardless.

But really why aren't the submitted teams scrutinised by the scb before a meeting to make sure they conform to the rules?

Because Steve nobody gives much of a toss anymore do they ? Over the season all clubs might break the rules but the back scratching that goes on promoters will turn a blind eye knowing that " I did it for you & now you return the favour " Its only when a supporter notices what has gone on & mentions it , that it gets flagged up !! .....

• Like 1

It would have run to 20 pages already.

Leicester cheats!

Middlo probably looked at the two teams and probably thought not worth the effort and let the lads just win it regardless.

But really why aren't the submitted teams scrutinised by the scb before a meeting to make sure they conform to the rules?

That's a bit incendiary Steve! How do you know that the situation wasn't checked by Leicester before booking the guest?

NeilWatson, on 09 Apr 2017 - 1:59 PM, said:

That's a bit incendiary Steve! How do you know that the situation wasn't checked by Leicester before booking the guest?

Good Afternoon Neil , as you are on the forum any update on Brandon Stadium or Coventry Bees ?

Absolutely!

I ordered a burger, chips and coke. £9 please. What the hell. I should have said no and walked away but no other choice captive audience.

The burger was tasteless, the chips were undercooked. Terrible ripoff! Never again.

I got sausage and chips and a bottle of Fanta for £6. The sausage was full of gristle and the chips were awful. It's not good enough.

They are the same caterers as last year.

I got sausage and chips and a bottle of Fanta for £6. The sausage was full of gristle and the chips were awful. It's not good enough.

They are the same caterers as last year.

Food and soft drink prices have gone up and the quality has dropped ,After the poor quality yesterday I will Simply eat before I go and will take a drink with me.

Re the Schlein inclusion, its suggested on the Poole forum that SCB Officer Neil Vatcher said his inclusion was 'legal'!! No explanation as to how or why though.

That presumes that a query was made but not upheld??!! It certainly needs to be clarified for the future as it is contradictory at the moment.

kk does it every time

It's superstition. He often bashes his helmet too. Same as stupid footballers touching the pitch, crossing themselves and pointing to the sky before a match! Utterly ridiculous. As if God takes sides in sports events! And please don't start a lecture on that subject.

Edited by Sniffy
  • Like 1

I have been to Leicester 6 times now and this was the fastest run of all. Back in the car by 9.30 and on our way.

Not sure why Leicester fans say they are giving up etc. They got beat thats all. Support your team.

Crowd was good last night. Racing was not although there were more passes in last nights meeting than I have witnessed in any of the previous 5. The racing was poor though. The track shape still doesn't seem to lend itself to passing. Perhaps it needs to bed in more as the area which had been widened was quite rough when riders went through it.

To be honest Leicester got the backlash of Pooles poor performance at Belle Vue the night before. The lads were certainly fired up for this one and it showed straight away.

Some are moaning about Bates and Riss missing. Would it have made much difference to the scoreline? Perhaps a few points closer but Poole would still have come away with the 4 points. Bates is a good reserve but Kindt is better. Bates would have taken points from Shanes granted. As for Schlein, he got 7 and Riss might have got a a point more. Leicester again made an error though as Schlein was illegal. If Leicester had cost Poole a point an appeal would have gone in. I am sure.

Leicester didn't have riders with the firepower to handle last night. Do Leicester City fans all clear off from their foitball club because they were near the bottom most of this season? Support your club!

Don't know what Darcy said but if he was angry with his teams performance he should stay away from any public lambasting. Worst possible thing to do.

For Leicester.

Nilsson rode well in every one of his races. Best Leicester rider.

Auty had one good ride but was off the pace most of the night.

Schlein battled and had a win from the back when he got up the inside of KK.

Gomolski had a mare. Leading one heat he stopped when he saw a red light in the crowd. Was awol the rest of the time.

King started well but faded very badly.

Graversen was poor to useless.

Ayres had one goid ride but was poor.

For Poole.

KK was good and fast got the track record for a week

Holder was poor. EF on the start line followed by being beaten by Ayres. Not acceptable and he knows it.

Kerr did his job. Some good sensible riding.

Kurtz was superb. No one could get near him. Won his races by a mile. Rider of the night.

Andersen was very good. Solid night.

Klindt did exactly as expected. Gave the team tips on track positions before the meeting. Was fast and agressive.

Shanes was again excellent for a number seven. Turned the bike on a sixpence to have Graversen for breakfast on his first vist here. Passed both Leicester reserves on the same bend! Boy has talent.

So Somerset home and away next Friday. Bring on the Rebels. And hope King rides better than he did last night.

Not Shanes first visit. Saw him some years ago in an MDL match. Was impressed by the way he sussed out the track. No wobbles and a nice style.

Not Shanes first visit. Saw him some years ago in an MDL match. Was impressed by the way he sussed out the track. No wobbles and a nice style.

From what my expectations were pre season, to what we are actually witnessing, couldn't be further apart. I was expecting him to struggle to score a point and be carried by the second reserve. What we have got is an accomplished rider who isn't the greatest of gaters, but with enough finesse on a bike to be able to turn it tightly or let it go.

Interestingly he will not be riding any other league this year, as he has a full weekend diary on the continent with grass track and long track commitments.

Isn't it great we are able to talk about young Brits coming through? Long may it continue.

• Like 5

From what my expectations were pre season, to what we are actually witnessing, couldn't be further apart. I was expecting him to struggle to score a point and be carried by the second reserve. What we have got is an accomplished rider who isn't the greatest of gaters, but with enough finesse on a bike to be able to turn it tightly or let it go.

Interestingly he will not be riding any other league this year, as he has a full weekend diary on the continent with grass track and long track commitments.

Isn't it great we are able to talk about young Brits coming through? Long may it continue.

I know riding on grass isn't quite speedway,but if you've seen him on grass you would know he can definately handle a speedway bike.He's been pretty awesome when i have seen him race on grass.Hopefully his girlfriend tells him not score to many points against Lynn unless of course she's changed her allegiance from Lynn to Poole :o