British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue fans are actually starting to get a little obnoxious slagging off every other track. Yes the belle vue track is good but so are other tracks. Poole is far from gate and go as most speedway fans know.

Well tonight was a borefest. The difference between Lambert and the rest was a large gap and other than a fall or ef the result was never in doubt. Ellis put up a fight but Lambert was two seconds faster.

Shanes was completely robbed of a semi final berth with a most ridiculous exclusion when it was clearly first bend bunching with Greaves.

Perks rode well but got too close to Bates and couldn't scub off the speed, resulting in a fall and Bewley had to lay it down, damaging his bike. Came out on his second bike which was slow. Made an attempt to pass Greaves but slid off.

Rotten luck for Hume who's bike seized up coming off the 4th bend and Bailey crashed into him, breaking his arm. Very unlucky.

Ref Horley clueless with Shanes exclusion, then ordering a rerun of the semi with only two riders!

Meeting didn't finish until 10.35 due to the long delay of doctor going to hospital with Hume.

• Like 4

A poor turnout on a reported crap track held on a Wednesday night. Perhaps in future this event should be held on a weekend night on a decent track.

Apologies if I'm not stating the obvious.

• Like 2

A poor turnout on a reported crap track held on a Wednesday night. Perhaps in future this event should be held on a weekend night on a decent track.

Apologies if I'm not stating the obvious.

I was told by Rob Peasley tonight that the crowd here was much bigger than the crowd at Coventry two years ago.

• Like 1

the poole track isnt good enough to hold a national championship and another dustbowl pretty disgraceful,diehards will be there but you cant expect the general public to turn up and have to go home and shower and wash there cloths after every meeting because of the dust ,cars in the car park will need a hosedown as well! .congratulations to robert lambert

• Like 1

The delay & late finish can't be blamed on Poole speedway. It was a bspa event so why was there only 1 doctor/paramedic on site?

• Like 2

Belle Vue fans not obnoxious then a genuine Poole fan telling it as it was.By the way most aces fans don't slag off other tracks but let's be honest the Poole track is coming in for a lot of criticism even from their own fans.

There's always something to moan about isn't there when it comes to Poole. So I'll have a go tonight.....I am sick of the bloody dust at Poole. Is there actually any shale on it?

• Like 2

If it was called Dust Track Racing I could understand...But it isn't.

There's always something to moan about isn't there when it comes to Poole. So I'll have a go tonight.....I am sick of the bloody dust at Poole. Is there actually any shale on it?

No

I was told by Rob Peasley tonight that the crowd here was much bigger than the crowd at Coventry two years ago.

Yes tonight was better than Coventry 2 years ago and about the same as Sheffield last year

I have seen reasonable racing at Poole on TV occasionally, but it has been rubbish every time I've visited while holidaying on the South Coast. Far from the ideal venue for such an event. At least the best British U21 rider won. Hope the meeting boosts the confidence of Ellis who seems to be struggling.

Ellis rode well and made two good passes.

Agree with Sniffy though that the track curators are afraid of water. Since the opening meeting the track is constantly underwatered and dusty. In fact they are quite pathetic with the hoses between heats and put down way too little. They seem oblivious to the amount of dust flying about.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Very please for Robert Lambert to have won it this year as he was a class apart from the field. Imagine the embarrassment had Nathan Greaves won, having only won one race all night, but using this format it could have happened.

What is alarming is the lack of talented kids coming through. Take away Lambert, Ellis, Bates and Perks and the standard is quite poor. We must be a millions miles behind Poland bring their talented youngsters through...