British Speedway Forum

We're not behind swedes Danes or aussies at all, take a real look at what they have in depth coming through, not much.

The difference was Gerald richter wasn't there last week. Point proven again , get rid of him. As you said starry Neil was on his own.

As you know mate Neil likes the track well watered not sprinkled with a hose.

We're not behind swedes Danes or aussies at all, take a real look at what they have in depth coming through, not much.

My post reads confusion, KN1, my mistake.

Should have read

"Maybe true, but we could still be a million miles behind Poland, With Denmark, Sweden and Australia 2 million mile behind, then the rest."

Same top three as last year, just different order, just how stagnant is the under 21 level in the UK.

Take a look at the Under 21 roll of honour. Plenty of years where the top 3 have been the same & loads more where its 2 of the podium places.

Got to go back past 1990 before it really starts getting mixed up.

There is also an obsession that riders have to be ready for world level at 19/20. There will always be some that are and others require longer to get there. I am certainly not at all concerned with the development of British riders at present (in fact i think its as healthy as its been for a long time) and there are plenty who competed in the under 21's this year who could go on to achieve GP status.

The difference was Gerald richter wasn't there last week. Point proven again , get rid of him. As you said starry Neil was on his own.

so is Gerald the one that does the Rye House track too?

so is Gerald the one that does the Rye House track too?

You have one guess.

And yes is the answer

The most worrying thing about this event is the said to be 600 crowd. If this is true the sport is in a worse state than we thought.

The most worrying thing about this event is the said to be 600 crowd. If this is true the sport is in a worse state than we thought.

For me it's to do with most premiership fans think NL or u21 speedway is the quality of racing you see in the 2nd half. Alot are speedway snobs.

I've seen many brilliant NL meetings. And U21 meetings.

• Like 3

Matt Ford reckons we're better placed than any country other than Poland with youth development

Incorrect.

Try looking at Denmark..... league racing for 85 cc and 50 cc.... some clubs have two teams in the same league.

Not only are the volume of riders much higher but also the number of meetings are much greater.

Britain has improved but has a long way to go yet.

We should be having second halves with these juniors in right through the season..... but only in school holidays and weekends

Edited by Gunner85