British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Somerset Ela & Somerset V Poole 14/4/17 Good Friday.

The weather looks to be set dry on the long range forecasts for Good Friday. Lets hope it stays that way.

Poole v Somerset at 11 am, followed by Somerset v Poole at 7.30 pm.

No KK for Poole as he is riding in Poland. Danny King guests in both meetings. Not much of a choice for Poole as other clubs riding. Hopefully he will rider better for us than against us (for Leicester)

King has never been any good around Poole so not the ideal guest but we should have enough fire power to see off the rebels. At Somerset its a different kettle of fish. Kurtz and Holder and to a lesser extent King know the track but the others have limited knowledge. Still, it's there to be ridden and I am sure the Oak Tree will be packed out with Somerset and Poole fans plus a lot of holiday makers from the nearby caravan parks. Looking forward to it.

Thoughts?

Going to both meetings, we'll get beat at Poole but whether we can bag a point? Starke and Josh obviously know the track and Wrighty and Patrick are going really well. However Rohan and Graversen are struggling while Allen hasn't seen the track competitively. If Tungate can get going I think a point is capable, if not then i doubt it.

At Somerset Poole are capable of getting a point but think Somerset's middle order should be good enough while Allen will be a match for Poole's secret weapon in Klindt.

Edited by Brummie Rebel
  • Like 1

Coming down for both of these, although I've been to Poole a few times what's the size of the car park like. What time do you recommend to get there to park up ok

Poole by 10 at home.

Allen to nullify Klindt in the home leg and Somerset by 10.

Coming down for both of these, although I've been to Poole a few times what's the size of the car park like. What time do you recommend to get there to park up ok

Be in the carpark by 9 am latest is my opinion. If its full start looking in the nearby roads and walk across to the stadium.

Be in the carpark by 9 am latest is my opinion. If its full start looking in the nearby roads and walk across to the stadium.

Gates open 0930, be there very early car park will be full by 9. Poole to take all points. Better make that clear for the numpties on here, we will take all points home and away.. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Gates open 0930, be there very early car park will be full by 9. Poole to take all points. Better make that clear for the numpties on here, we will take all points home and away.. :rofl:

A very brave prediction there Starman. You will be the one looking the numpty if you get turned over at their place. And there's every chance that could happen.

• Like 2

A very brave prediction there Starman. You will be the one looking the numpty if you get turned over at their place. And there's every chance that could happen.

Not sure it will mate. You mean WE.. Or are you now a Somerset fan ?

Edited by Starman2006

It looks like if we beat Poole it'll be even better after Starman's prediction. Looking forward to both legs!

• Like 5

There is an official 'overflow' car park at the school next to the stadium - I assume this will be open?!

Stadia UK has increased its car park admission to £2.50 as from last week!!

• Like 1

There is an official 'overflow' car park at the school next to the stadium - I assume this will be open?!

Should be open, but i'L try and find out and post it on here. Looking forward to this...

• Like 1

There must be alternative parking areas, it would good to see the parking people not get any income.

• Like 1

it is safe to assume the car park will be empty!

Never use the car park myself always park in side roads, may be a bit further to walk but the exercise is good.