Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Somerset Ela & Somerset V Poole 14/4/17 Good Friday.

There must be alternative parking areas, it would good to see the parking people not get any income.

On some of the roads and car parks round the area mate, but just be careful where you park on the roads Wardens will be out in force.. Tattum road is always good. but as i say, be careful.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 3

On some of the roads and car parks round the area mate, but just be careful where you park on the roads Wardens will be out in force.. Tattum road is always good. but as i say, be careful.

I have always parked in the carpark for free as there is never anyone in the box when I get there, but if they wanted £2.50 I would tell them where to go and park somewhere else.

If everybody did that they might reduce the price to something sensible.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

There is an official 'overflow' car park at the school next to the stadium - I assume this will be open?!

Mate, Shaun cleared it with the head yesterday so it should be open.

• Like 1

I have always parked in the carpark for free as there is never anyone in the box when I get there, but if they wanted £2.50 I would tell them where to go and park somewhere else.

If everybody did that they might reduce the price to something sensible.

The car park at Poole is run by Poole borough council not Poole Speeedway, and they have just put the car parking prices up in all the town car parks!!

The car park at Poole is run by Poole borough council not Poole Speeedway, and they have just put the car parking prices up in all the town car parks!!

Quite right they have. But fans should be warned our car park will still fill very quickly on Friday.

But as pointed out, the school overflow will be open.

Edited by Starman2006

Car park talk boring.....

Let's talk the meetings can see a comfortable win in the morning at poole 55 35,then in the evening looking at a 1pt or a narrow win can see it being really tight at the OTA somerset have good home track advantage I'll go for a narrow win 46 44 to poole.

I know it is not run by the Speedway.

Let's talk the meetings can see a comfortable win in the morning at poole 55 35,then in the evening looking at a 1pt or a narrow win can see it being really tight at the OTA somerset have good home track advantage I'll go for a narrow win 46 44 to poole.

Just putting people in the picture. I think we will win both meetings.

I think a lot depends on what Brady Kurtz turns up. If it's the Brady Kurtz that scored the maximum then Somerset could be in for a long day. If it's the Brady Kurtz that turned up for the pairs then we could be getting our first points on the board!

• Like 1

I think a lot depends on what Brady Kurtz turns up. If it's the Brady Kurtz that scored the maximum then Somerset could be in for a long day. If it's the Brady Kurtz that turned up for the pairs then we could be getting our first points on the board!

Surely that should be the other way round :wink:

Doh! Brain freeze - I forgot that Brady wasn't riding for Somerset this year! Apologies.

Mind you, when I look at this year's Somerset team, it has a familiar look about it from Swindon last year :wink:

Edited by Steve0

Lets hope its the former and not the latter then, eh..

If its the Brady from last night then it could be a good Friday for Poole fans, as he was sensational.

Might be boring but important when travelling over 3 hours to put money into Pooles coffers and want the car to be safe to able to get upto Somerset later then to get back home. Thanks to all who gave parking info. Sorry to bore anyone not interested

• Like 3

Might be boring but important when travelling over 3 hours to put money into Pooles coffers and want the car to be safe to able to get upto Somerset later then to get back home. Thanks to all who gave parking info. Sorry to bore anyone not interested

Mate i do hope your going to get to poole early ?

Setting out at 5.45, can't really start much earlier, it's gonna be a long day. Hope it's worth it