British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Somerset Ela & Somerset V Poole 14/4/17 Good Friday.

Intrigued to know aswell if Danny King has pulled out himself or have Poole pulled another fast one and got Nick Morris lined up at the last minute instead - after declaring their line up to Somerset?

Morris has been out scoring Doyle this season, and surely even shovvy would admit that Doyle is better than kk. Agree with other posters, no facility should be given.

• Like 2

Intrigued to know aswell if Danny King has pulled out himself or have Poole pulled another fast one and got Nick Morris lined up at the last minute instead - after declaring their line up to Somerset?

Well Danny had a big crash in his 3rd ride at Sheffield which took him a while to get up from, he went out in his 4th ride but pulled up mid race. No surprise he isn't riding today.

he is in Poland. Probably nothing in place to get him here for such an early start.

He knew yesterday it seems ....

There should be a governance in place that sets a time frame for allowed facilities in the event of fixture clashes. For example. 24 hours. I'm guessing once the facility is granted it makes no odds whether the original fixture that had priority is called off. It's common sense to put one in place

If there was one kk would be on a jet plane right about now!

Which includes the early meeting. Some people are bottling out suggesting a facilty should still be granted for the first meeting at poole. Not having it!

Patrick Hougaard is in the air right now. He's racing the same fixture. I'm not buying that a 10pm flight out of Bydgoczc or where ever it may be is full at that time of night. Whatever flight he would have got, I'll bet my bottom dollar there are seats!

If it was the other way round, I'm sure he'd be there!!

Where is it confirmed that it's postponed tomorrow? If that is the case then how can they have a facility for a rider whos meeting was postponed in advance?

Do you honestly think I made it up that the meeting has been postponed and re-arranged for Thursday 20th April.

Have a look here and note the times of the articles.

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/680102/final-zlotego-kasku-przelozony-jest-nowy-termin-zawodow-w-zielonej-gorze

https://www.zuzel.zgora.pl/final-zlotego-kasku-przelozony,d11227.html

Weather is good this morning for the first ever league encounter between these two clubs. Should be a good crowd down at the stadium this morning.

Poole to win and take the three points is my prediction. Shame that we are not full strength and we will miss KK today, especially tonight in the second meeting though Morris will do his best I am sure. Would have preferred a number one to cover but none available today. We will just have to make do and hope.

Lets also hope for 30 heats of good racing and no nasty crashes.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Weather is good this morning for the first ever league encounter between these two clubs. Should be a good crowd down at the stadium this morning.

Poole to win and take the three points is my prediction. Shame that we are not full strength and we will miss KK today, especially tonight in the second meeting though Morris will do his best I am sure. Would have preferred a number one to cover but none available today. We will just have to make do and hope.

Lets also hope for 30 heats of good racing and no nasty crashes.

Will you have stopped spinning by 11am - you are going to be awfully dizzy :lol:

I await the Poole and the BSPA/SCB statements on the KK riding or not today in Britain situation with interest.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Come on BSPA, show some balls and remove the facility for KK.

• Like 3

Imo KK should atleast be riding in the afternoon if he's known from midday yesterday there's plenty of time to arrange a flight and get bak to the UK.

Would rather KK than Nick Morris tbh Nick isn't that good around poole normally lucky to get 4 or 5pts and ain't much better at the OTA.

Do you honestly think I made it up that the meeting has been postponed and re-arranged for Thursday 20th April.

Have a look here and note the times of the articles.

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/680102/final-zlotego-kasku-przelozony-jest-nowy-termin-zawodow-w-zielonej-gorze

https://www.zuzel.zgora.pl/final-zlotego-kasku-przelozony,d11227.html

No of course not. i needed a link to show to somebody else but couldn't find one.

Imo KK should atleast be riding in the afternoon if he's known from midday yesterday there's plenty of time to arrange a flight and get bak to the UK.

Would rather KK than Nick Morris tbh Nick isn't that good around poole normally lucky to get 4 or 5pts and ain't much better at the OTA.

I should think all Poole fans would want KK over Morris today.

But if KK was suddenly announced to ride you can bet there would be a few moaning at his inclusion because we are letting down a booked guest, and crying foul because he wasn't in the declared team for these fixtures.

Anyway its all pointless as he is not here until Sunday at Swindon.

I should think all Poole fans would want KK over Morris today.

But if KK was suddenly announced to ride you can bet there would be a few moaning at his inclusion because we are letting down a booked guest, and crying foul because he wasn't in the declared team for these fixtures.

Anyway its all pointless as he is not here until Sunday at Swindon.

If you spin any faster you will take off !!!!!

• Like 1

It looks like if we beat Poole it'll be even better after Starman's prediction. Looking forward to both legs!

Wouldn't take much notice of Starman, his heads always in the clouds. ;):D

• Like 1

Letting down a guest who was only booked yesterday :D

The Dorset Propaganda Machine is in full swing.

• Like 1

I have to go with the majority here.

There should be NO facility for KK.

No excuses. 24 hours to get to Poole???? He could have drive to Poole in that time

• Like 2