u16 free

programme £1

BSPA events

adults £18

seniors £12

students £10

u16 free

programme £4

In premiership and championship each team has 1 unemployed championship rider and 1 NL rider as 'guests' who they can use (like a squad system). Only allowed to replace a rider with a higher average.

Clubs to cater more for kids with kids races and such (look at how Glasgow does it and follow suit)

Each club to provide proper heat by heat updates either through twitter/facebook account or through website/app.

TR replaced by tac sub (can be used twice maximum and has to be 6 behind then 8 behind)

Track covers to be used by every track (they work when there is no rain forecast during meeting!!) this will minimise rain offs

Change from 2 Brits required fo 3.

Wifi available in stadiums

PRC, CRC, NLRC, British final and British U21 final to all be held at National Speedway Stadium

Change the tires back!!

I think the move to narrow the gap between the top leagues is a good start as is the single average.

It's very difficult to do but I think tracks need to be prepped for good racing rather than home advantage BUT fans want home wins more than good racing it seems so I'm sure promoters would disagree.

Like a lot of what Danny Smith says, the laser lighting, good music, WiFi and apps are all things that would be attractive to younger newcomers (I guess!).

I would add in that needle among riders creates atmosphere and should be encouraged. Even the odd punch up shouldn't be punished as long as it stays between riders. Anybody else at all who hits a rider, mechanic, track staff, anybody should be banned from the pits for life though.

Moving meetings along smartly can only be good. However I would rather a meeting lasted 20 minutes longer if that time is needed to keep moisture in the track or other maintenance to give good racing.

Do away with the family friendly image and make a big issue of just how dangerous Speedway is. Unlike most sports it wouldn't need to be exaggerated and again might get people through the gate.

I would keep doubling up to British licence holders who have to give preference to our leagues. However stuff like the doubling up and tactical points makes not one bit of difference to getting new people in the gate and in my opinion that is where we should be concentrating. Get them in the gate, make sure it's as exciting as possible and try and create a good atmosphere for starters. They can be on the forum moaning about the details six months down the line but if the atmosphere was good they'll still go and watch.

• Like 1

I don't really see why the Wi-Fi/apps thing is a good idea. Speedway is nerdy enough with its programme filling and so on and this will just make it more so. Do we really want a crowd of people all looking down at their mobile phones when the race finishes? Some might. I wouldn't.

As it is, speedway is one of the few occasions when my 13-year-old son doesn't feel the need to be using his phone! Why change that?

Two things I would make essential at each club.

1 - Have a scoreboard and (here's a novel idea) actually put the score on it and leave it there.

2 - Put the phone to the ref back by the start line so everyone can jeer at riders and managers when they use it. Remember when you'd get riders on the phone, looking up at the ref's box and waving their arms about? Great entertainment.

• Like 3

Just another thought.

What about the pairs point scoring system in league racing 4-3-2-0?

Could this stop the guy out the gate first from flying off in the distance and force his hand in having to help his teammate who's struggling in 3rd-4th?

Could the rider who wins the race be deducted a paid point for none attempt to help a teammate stuck in 4th?

Just maybe little ideas like that will bring the emphasis back to what league racing is all about - 'being a team'.

Just another thought.

What about the pairs point scoring system in league racing 4-3-2-0?

Could this stop the guy out the gate first from flying off in the distance and force his hand in having to help his teammate who's struggling in 3rd-4th?

Could the rider who wins the race be deducted a paid point for none attempt to help a teammate stuck in 4th?

Just maybe little ideas like that will bring the emphasis back to what league racing is all about - 'being a team'.

far too simple idea ;)

can't see a rider being deducted a point for 'none attempt', as who could judge that, the crowd ???

Extra point for close team riding?

yes,,, but they have to 'high 5' each other crossing the finish line ;)

far too simple idea ;)

can't see a rider being deducted a point for 'none attempt', as who could judge that, the crowd ???

It's extremely obvious to all when a rider has cleared off in the distance without a care of the other 3 riders behind them.

I just think a 4-3-2-0 scoring system would emphasis skill over speed.

A rider with the fastest equipment isn't then necessarily the best rider for the team.

It's extremely obvious to all when a rider has cleared off in the distance without a care of the other 3 riders behind them.

A rider with the fastest equipment isn't then necessarily the best rider for the team.

It might make it easier for the less wealthy clubs to compete, if you can't afford the big names you can still win.

• Like 1

agree with the 4,3,2,0 scoring system, but when it comes down to a third party deciding on wether or not a rider is trying, I just think it will lead to more controversy than the starting procedure and, would bet on it turning more people away from the sport, riders included.

Like the 4,3,2 system but don't like the idea of somebody judging effort affecting the score

Some good points but not much to address the fundamentals.

The majority of tracks in this country are not conducive to good racing and passing. Fix them.

Minimum track sizes should be changed, nothing less than 300m.

Wider straights and bends are also required, difficult to quote a dimension as current widths aren't widely published.

Existing tracks should be given a time limit to improve their track, 3, 5 years whatever it may be.

Plenty of people will bleat that some tracks will shut. The same was said when compulsory air fences were introduced, how many actually shut?

Bigger tracks also have the advantage of having longer races thus eradicating 50 odd second races which basically short changes the fans.

Some good points but not much to address the fundamentals.

The majority of tracks in this country are not conducive to good racing and passing. Fix them.

Minimum track sizes should be changed, nothing less than 300m.

Wider straights and bends are also required, difficult to quote a dimension as current widths aren't widely published.

Existing tracks should be given a time limit to improve their track, 3, 5 years whatever it may be.

Plenty of people will bleat that some tracks will shut. The same was said when compulsory air fences were introduced, how many actually shut?

Bigger tracks also have the advantage of having longer races thus eradicating 50 odd second races which basically short changes the fans.

Sounds great on paper. Unfortunately Speedway isn't raced on paper.

What about Tracks inside Greyhound Tracks where there may be no room for expansion - or are those the one's you would close?

Sounds great on paper. Unfortunately Speedway isn't raced on paper.

What about Tracks inside Greyhound Tracks where there may be no room for expansion - or are those the one's you would close?

It's just a pet thing that he is obsessed with. He thinks all tracks should be the same and, as you have said, the likes of tracks with no room for expansion would be closed. That is his way forward, and then some wonder why promoters ignore most stuff on here.

Obviously you can't make a track longer cutting into the infield but you can make it wider.