British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Peterborough April 15th 7.30pm

Awful meeting. Track was clearly not to Peterboroughs liking and as a paying spectator - served up zero entertainment for what was another decent crowd.

Along with follow my leader races, there were far too many silly stopages ranging from tapes exclusions, losing control in the first bend and falling off whilst in comfortable scoring positions. It just shouldn't happen at this level.....

You can only beat what's in front of you......but I truly hope Peterborough are a very different side at home with a very different attitude. A number of them simply gave up tonight if last coming out of turn 2. Clubs and riders must learn this cheats the fans of a race and will only drive more supporters away from the sport.

One positive for Peterborough was Bradley WD who looked to have a very mature head in young shoulders returning an excellent score.

Let's forget this one quickly.........on to Monday where I hope Peterborough are able to track a fully fit side ...

Edited by Bezza

A good win, but a pretty poor meeting.

Wilson-Dean looks a good prospect and he was the only Panthers rider to turn up and give it a go. Holder scored a few, but I wouldn't have said he was really winding it on.

Hope all of the knocks are not too serious and everyone recovers quickly.

A tad one sided, more so than I expected but when 24 of the 32 points Peterborough managed were scored by 2 riders it was never going to be close. Even more so when Wilson Dean was the only heat winner the Panthers provided.

They were also rather unfortunate with the injuries sustained during the meeting as well, speedy recovery to those concerned, hope that they are OK.

That said it was a very comprehensive performance by the Witches doing exactly what was required to regain confidence after Thursdays defeat at Sheffield.

So onwards to the showground on Monday where hopefully We'll put on a better showing than Peterborough did at Foxhall tonight.

Still torn between Speedway and football for Monday, why couldn't the meeting have stayed on Sunday as was originally planned!

King - brilliant

Sarj - won me a 50p as bet would hit the tapes in heat one!

Covatti - down on speed to normal

Heeps - very good

Rory - very good

Mountain - more flat peak but solid

Hume - brilliant

Holder - average, overlooked everybend

Lambert - feabel, dire, embarrassing, shocking

Starke - hard to comment tbh

Ully - those flymos were out till he came a cropper

Hansen - 2+1 would of scored more

Bacon - got better as meeting went on but can't see him scoring many

BWD - thank god for him! Showed some bulls and went round riders.

Poor meeting as we wasn't at the racers. Ippo we're very good and we were pants. We didn't have much luck mind either.

I would personally like to say thank you to BWD for coming tonight. Great rider in the making. At this rate he could be the panthers number one. Once the new averages come out and he is in the main body he will still score plenty. Really impressed. As for lambert, he should buy all the panthers fans a beer for that effort.

• Like 1

Lambert had 5 rides but only rode competitively for about 5 laps! So much so the ref could have excluded him a couple of times for not making an attempt to race!

Expected more from the pussycats tonight . BWD glad he bothered to turn up great rider for the future.

Good to see all the Peterborough fans in the crowd that made the trip but I'd feel let down if I was them tonight by some of their riders performances .

Roll on Monday

worse thing about this result for panthers is I don't think Ipswich rode that good , panthers were worse than awful , when you have riders in your team putting zero effort in it's a disgrace , it's taking the p155 out of the paying public and simply not on

• Like 1

He obviously made plenty of money from his testimonial, cos he certainly wasn't trying to earn any money tonight

• Like 1

Both Starke (shoulder) & Ostergaard (knee) doubtful for Monday. Hansen already ruled out.

I would have thought baby bjerre and hopefully Charles wright as guests for starke and Hansen and run r/r for Ulrich

or if the strop aint riding anywhere, him for Ulrich and Charles wright for starke leaving r/r for hansen

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 1

He obviously made plenty of money from his testimonial, cos he certainly wasn't trying to earn any money tonight

He obviously must have a dislike for Foxhall but that's no excuse for not trying or for putting the effort in.

• Like 1

Agree with a lot of the comments on here. An awful lot of Panthers fans made the effort to support their team tonight, and they were badly let down by the majority of their team.

They deserve an apology.

• Like 1

Well that's my first visit since the track alterations and if that's the usual foxhall track you really shouldn't have bothered, it was clear early on that the first and second bends were dreadful and with falls in nearly every heat it extended the agony for well over two hours.

The witches got stuck in and made the best of it while it has to be said most of the Panthers didn't, Starke was unlucky when Bacon fell in front of him and was clearly unable to carry on and from heat 4 onwards it was pretty much one way traffic, genuine overtakes were rare whilst the racing was non existent.

Lambert was an absolute disgrace and although it took Bacon 4 races to actually finish a race upright he did improve, unfortunately the racing didn't.

I and several others with me thought the crowd was poor for an Easter meeting but if that's the usual fare it's not surprising.

With major road works ongoing around the A14 for the next few years it might be a while before I go to Ipswich again, that will certainly be my only visit this year.

I would have thought baby bjerre and hopefully Charles wright as guests for starke and Hansen and run r/r for Ulrich

or if the strop aint riding anywhere, him for Ulrich and Charles wright for starke leaving r/r for hansen

The strop? Which one?