British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Peterborough April 15th 7.30pm

Just back off the seas with no signal and surprised at the result.

Pussycats in disarray and I miss it 😆

Best wishes to the injured riders - looks like Foxhall isnt on many favourite track lists at Boro.

The strop? Which one?

who's the biggest :lol: a ex panthers 1 :o mind you has he a polish club match tomoz

no flies on you has he a polish match tomoz ???

Is he good enough? Lol no idea tbh. Think your other idea was also better imo

Is he good enough? Lol no idea tbh. Think your other idea was also better imo

to be honest I wouldn't know if he was eligible to guest but has the the right average for big 0

I think it had more to do with just how poor Peterborough were, not the track conditions or bends 1 or 2, no passing because the panthers just didn't want it, the whole team bar BWD should be ashamed and the opposition didn't make it worth the entrance money.

The meeting did drag on, speedway should be done within 60 minutes

The meeting did drag on, speedway should be done within 60 minutes

Standard comment these days. When will promoters ever learn? I'd allow an efficiently run 90 mins though as the standard. 60 mins is too tight.

Standard comment these days. When will promoters ever learn? I'd allow an efficiently run 90 mins though as the standard. 60 mins is too tight.

Meeting finished about 9.15 last night but with falls, tapes and injuries in abundance it wasn't surprising.

Meeting finished about 9.15 last night but with falls, tapes and injuries in abundance it wasn't surprising.

Well that's not too bad then considering. However, given those incidents come with the territory, it's important to get on with it when there isn't an incident. That rarely happens these days and consequently when there is an incident then that waffle and wasteful time suddenly becomes an issue.

Given that Lambert is just back from a nasty injury, it was his first away league meeting and it sounds a bit like Wacky Races with self preservation the main objective for the visitors, I'd give him a break. At the end of the day, what he scores when in the main body of the team is a bonus, the better riders should be scoring the big points.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Lambert is exactly a young kid anymore, hes been to all the tracks many a time. He doesn't have the capability to match BWD's scoring home and away even at reserve. He'll have the odd good meeting, but never has been consistent.

Surely he has to be better than a PL reserve in his late 20's?

Either way he has to be beating 2 point reserves.

Edited by Flappy

First off I would like to say that I hope that the Riders who were hurt last night are fit & well soon.

A few things stood out for me last night. Firstly the battling display from Mr Heeps and in Danyon Hume & Bradley Wilson Dean I think we saw two of the best prospects in the sport at the moment.

The real shocker was the total lack of effort from Simon Lambert it may not be your type of track but to just free wheel around at the back is totally unacceptable. A public apology on Monday at the showground & via social media is the least that he can do.

Well that's my first visit since the track alterations and if that's the usual foxhall track you really shouldn't have bothered, it was clear early on that the first and second bends were dreadful and with falls in nearly every heat it extended the agony for well over two hours.

The witches got stuck in and made the best of it while it has to be said most of the Panthers didn't, Starke was unlucky when Bacon fell in front of him and was clearly unable to carry on and from heat 4 onwards it was pretty much one way traffic, genuine overtakes were rare whilst the racing was non existent.

Lambert was an absolute disgrace and although it took Bacon 4 races to actually finish a race upright he did improve, unfortunately the racing didn't.

I and several others with me thought the crowd was poor for an Easter meeting but if that's the usual fare it's not surprising.

With major road works ongoing around the A14 for the next few years it might be a while before I go to Ipswich again, that will certainly be my only visit this year.

Maybe the Witches should have rode off a 15 meter handicap all night you might have seen some passing then........the Panthers apart from BWD & to a lesser extent Holder were shocking! It takes to teams to race!

From Panthers FB

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Well what a night that was....for all the wrong reasons. Already weakened due to KKH's absence and now losing Starkey in his first race to a shoulder injury. We were always going to be up against it, then losing Ulrich with a knee injury and a wrote off bike added insult to injury. We still however expect a certain standard of professionalism from our team and this has been addressed, we win, lose and draw as a team, so we'll take this on the chin and move on. Tomorrow's another day. Thanks to the supporters who made the trip, losing 1 in 5 still ain't bad and if that was called speedway last night then I'm afraid I'd be lost to the sport, as I couldn't watch that. See you all tomorrow at The Place of Pace

🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

First off I would like to say that I hope that the Riders who were hurt last night are fit & well soon.

A few things stood out for me last night. Firstly the battling display from Mr Heeps and in Danyon Hume & Bradley Wilson Dean I think we saw two of the best prospects in the sport at the moment.

The real shocker was the total lack of effort from Simon Lambert it may not be your type of track but to just free wheel around at the back is totally unacceptable. A public apology on Monday at the showground & via social media is the least that he can do.

Maybe the Witches should have rode off a 15 meter handicap all night you might have seen some passing then........the Panthers apart from BWD & to a lesser extent Holder were shocking! It takes to teams to race!

Their has been a lot of comments this year on a lot of threads about the preparation and dirt on tracks and them being prepared for racing as opposed to processions after the first bend, your track was dreadful last although admittedly your team rode it a lot better than mine.

If tracks are not going to be prepared so riders can actually race on them what is the point, stadiums can be very good with excellent seats viewing and amenities but if the racing is crap it's that what's remembered, if you think I am joking read the Sheffield and Glasgow threads this year and they are not the only ones.