British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Peterborough April 15th 7.30pm

No. They bladed dirt from fence in a few foot, creating an outside line

nope. They brought it back over half the width of track.

Whatever they did I've never seen done ever. And I ain't the only one. Not that it matters now anyway. Your team was better than mine on the day. And the best team won.

• Like 1

Whatever they did I've never seen done ever. And I ain't the only one.

Nor have I, anywhere.

I thought it was extraordinary.

• Like 1

Whatever they done it was still a good race, isn't that what people want?

• Like 1

During the Frost years the blade came out during the interval almost every week to scrape the loose dirt from the outside to mid track, after which the whole track was graded. Didn't seem to cause much reaction then!

• Like 1

During the Frost years the blade came out during the interval almost every week to scrape the loose dirt from the outside to mid track, after which the whole track was graded. Didn't seem to cause much reaction then!

Indeed. I've just read the posts here and still can't work out what the problem is.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

I have just never seen a blade used for one race only before.

Whatever they done it was still a good race, isn't that what people want?

That begs the question as to why it wasn't used at some earlier point.

• Like 1

Dont see an issue with blading and grading at anytime. Agree with HT that if it produces a good race why not do it earlier though.

My only question would be how the starting area us dealt with. Were they all treated in the same way or was there specific work done once the gate positions were decided.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

I have just never seen a blade used for one race only before.

That begs the question as to why it wasn't used at some earlier point.

wasnt there another 20 odd races after that one for the 125's and 250's? I would imagine they took the chance to blade it during the natural break whilst the riders for heat 15 were decided so they could crack straight on with the junior races after 15 was complete.

Think it was bladed to help Lasse, but he finished last, so it didn't work. Can't believe people are making a fuss, they obviously haven't ever been to Eastbourne when Dugard was blatantly doctoring the track virtually every race.

• Like 2