British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Rye House V Coventry 6th May

BOSS are looking to run a coach to Coventry's Challenge match at Rye House on Saturday May 6.

They would like to hear from anyone who would be interested in travelling, and they are confident of securing a suitable departure location for car parking.

Anyone interested should contact Alan Goodman on 01788 562132.

I may be interested but have to attend a lunchtime family get together first. Could you tell me what time you expect to depart please?

BOSS will be running a coach to Rye House for the Challenge match on Saturday May 6.

The coach will leave at 2.30pm, departure point to be advised. The cost should be £14, dependant on numbers.

Anyone interested should contact Alan Goodman as soon as possible on 01788 562132.

Share This: Facebook Twitter

I may be interested but have to attend a lunchtime family get together first. Could you tell me what time you expect to depart please?

I think that's you scuppered. :neutral:

Fliss44 , let the family down they'll forgive you. There will be other family lunches. The wife's just asked for a cup of tea before I go to the speedway tomorrow. She asnt asked where I'm going or what time I'm getting up. It's Poole and I'm getting up at 5. I apologise in advance for the swearing in the morning which most of you will hear. Lol

• Like 1

Fliss44 , let the family down they'll forgive you. There will be other family lunches. The wife's just asked for a cup of tea before I go to the speedway tomorrow. She asnt asked where I'm going or what time I'm getting up. It's Poole and I'm getting up at 5. I apologise in advance for the swearing in the morning which most of you will hear. Lol

Unfortunately the occasion is a ''surprise'' 70th birthday occasion (it will remain a surprise as the family members don't use this forum despite being speedway supporters) and it's held in the afternoon.If I can sort the 4 legged out it's looking like a mad dash at the last minute in the car. ;)

• Like 3

Tuesday 25 April 2017

A SECURE parking location has been sourced for the BOSS coach trip to Rye House for the Challenge match on Saturday May 6.

The coach will depart from:

Whitley Abbey School

Abbey Road

CV3 4BD

The location is just off London Road, and cars can be parked at the venue, which will be locked for the duration of the trip.

The coach will leave at 2.30pm. The cost should be £14, dependant on numbers.

Anyone interested should contact Alan Goodman as soon as possible on 01788 562132.

Has the full coventry line up been finalised yet. I didn't fully hear the announcement at rye on Monday.

Not been to Rye House before noticed on google a small car park outside the stadium is there anywhere to park if the stadium fills up?

• Like 1

Not been to Rye House before noticed on google a small car park outside the stadium is there anywhere to park if the stadium fills up?

Advice is to get there early (did not used to be too much of a problem but this season car park is full 90 mins before start) BUT there is also parking around the housing estate on the housing estate on the opposite side of the river - hope you enjoy your trip we are a very friendly lot of supporters

• Like 1

Advice is to get there early (did not used to be too much of a problem but this season car park is full 90 mins before start) BUT there is also parking around the housing estate on the housing estate on the opposite side of the river - hope you enjoy your trip we are a very friendly lot of supporters

If you try the the housing estate you'll most likely end up having to go back over the bridge to Rye Road. It may look as though there are plenty of spaces but there are double yellow lines on the corners. Can't vouch for how the law stands on worn out double yellows

Thanks Startline and Jim for the heads up will look get there early looking forward to first visit there

Thanks Startline and Jim for the heads up will look get there early looking forward to first visit there

Plumpton Road is an industrial area. There will be loads of parking there, only 2 minutes walk from the stadium and it'll also be easier to get away after the meeting. Last Monday was gridlocked getting out of the stadium car park