British Speedway Forum
SCB

Whos (un)impressed You In 2017?

Dan Bewley was superb against the Heathens on Monday and paid for double figures against Wolves last night. He is a real talent and could have a very successful future ahead of him.

Luke Harris has improved beyond all recognition from the rider he was for us a couple of seasons back. he's making a total mockery of his starting average.

• Like 4

Feel for Dave Watt but sadly showing no signs of improvement.

On the plus side Kyle Howarth was outstanding at Rye House. Alfie Bowtell looks a much better prospect since leaving Rye House

Surprise packet has been Ellis Perks and well worth watching has been Scott Nicholls team riding with Ellis Perks

Shouldn't really be a surprise. Ellis learned his trade with the Devils last season and was making progress while everything was going into meltdown around him. He also started getting regular decent scores home and away in the NL. IMO he would/should have been the first name on the list had the Devils come to the Championship starting gate this season.

Edited by ancient mariner

Kyle Howarth seems to have gone up a level so far this season for Wolves and Daniel Bewley has impressed me every time I see him ride and is potentially destined for bigger things

Kyle Howarth seems to have gone up a level so far this season for Wolves and Daniel Bewley has impressed me every time I see him ride and is potentially destined for bigger things

I totally agree with you.

The bonus, for me, is that he rides for Belle Vue. Provided he avoids injuries I am already convinced that he will go far in the Sport.

The very best of luck to him.

Hmmm TWK you got me thinking he's not the first, small, red haired Englishman with a spectacular style to ride for Belle Vue and do well!. Is that a 'PC' comment. (LOL)

Perhaps too early for comparisons on that level but he must have a great future ahead of him.

• Like 1

Statistically the strongest team you could have put together based on performancea so far: Kennett morris batch bjerre bellego bates perks.

And the weakest (while getting close to 50 pt limit): king tungate gomolski watt Ellis Graversen clegg currently averaging under 20 between them.

Layne Cupitt has gone from "will he stay on his bike" to "will he score 10 or will he score 11?" in the opening weeks of the season. Easy to say that as a reserve he gets an easy ride in heat 2, but he seems to get better as the meetings progress, and from close tussles with reserves in heat 2 he's beating opposition heat leaders in the closing heats of meetings. Be interesting to monitor his progress as the year goes on.

• Like 2

Disappointed, firstly with Chris Holder's attitude over Poland and it's £20,000 per match V small pickings to be had in the UK AND now with his on track performances for the Stars in team meetings. Must do better all round.

King's Lynn as a whole from top (promotion) to bottom (fans)

We're all scratching our heads thinking of possible answers, when delivered on it doesn't seem to work.

Josh G. much improved for Somerset last night as opposed to his spell at Swindon last year

Kyle Howarth I think he will finish the season Sheffield number 1.

Also been pleasantly surprise with Todd Kurtz at Sheffield.

James Shanes has impressed,though i wasn't wrong about him as i didn't really notice him before this season apart from his Long Track/Grass stuff

The lads a real trier, hasn't got much size about him but if he stays away from injury could well have a promising career.

Dimitri Berge has been most unimpressive and that's putting it mildly

Early season, but BIG concerns with Holder, UK & Poland, you just have to look at his body language on the bike. At mo, NO commitment what so ever!

Yet looked good in the pairs at Somerset ?