British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

World Games Pairs 29/7/17

Interesting to see that there will be a pairs event as part of the World Games in July. Obviously going to be National teams taking part.

Hopefully be available for all to watch via the Olympic channel website & apps.

Interesting to see that there will be a pairs event as part of the World Games in July. Obviously going to be National teams taking part.

Hopefully be available for all to watch via the Olympic channel website & apps.

Link?

I know it was put on another thread last year that speedway would be included,but not as to what form it would take.Last time it was a bit of a pick and mix of pairs,not national teams.

Ok found this

Wrocław, in accordance with the agreement granting the rights to the International World Games Association (IWGA), can submit up to five disciplines which will be designated as "invited sports" during the Games. Up to 800 competitors may be competing in the same competition as the official Olympic Games. These are popular regional and country-specific disciplines that attract viewers and are a sporty showcase of the city. The results of the "invitational sports" competition will not count towards the final medal ranking of the countries. Wroclaw's proposals are:

Just an "invitational meeting" that isn't part of the "official" World Games.So might be the same thing we had in London

Edited by iris123

Link?

I know it was put on another thread last year that speedway would be included,but not as to what form it would take.Last time it was a bit of a pick and mix of pairs,not national teams.

Ok found this

Just an "invitational meeting" that isn't part of the "official" World Games.So might be the same thing we had in London

http://www.speedwaygp.com/_mobile/article/5611/homecoming-for-magic

But you could also describe these as "teams from all over the world"

Fair enough - just assumed it would be national teams if Magic 'is determined to make sure he earns a place in Polish boss Marek Cieslaks team' Edited by Noodles

Think Onesport would have a case for complaint if some invitational event was allowed to host a pairs event that was national teams under the umbrella of a World Games.All has to get approval from the FIM i guess

Think Onesport would have a case for complaint if some invitational event was allowed to host a pairs event that was national teams under the umbrella of a World Games.All has to get approval from the FIM i guess

Would sponsored teams get round the problem ?

• Like 1

Would sponsored teams get round the problem ?

Might well :P But i guess the FIM said last time that national teams couldn't be entered?And that is why i attended that World Games meeting that was a right old mix of riders :D

Why would the meeting be anything else than an official pzm meeting? So therefor it can be a test match between countries?

In Wroclaw they cannot imagine that the world no.2 would not ride during The World Games 2017- writes sports.pl

Whilst Tai Woffinden is one of the best speedway riders in the world , he is also in dispute with his own federation to such extend that this year he declined to ride for England in the World Cup Teams.

Tai is quoted as saying -"My resignation from th 2017 World Cup was thought out. On the other hand I am very much indebted to the Wroclaw speedway club. The new track at the Olympic Stadium, judging from the first laps, looks promising, so if my federation allows me, I will be happy to ride at The World Games "

In Wroclaw they want Woffinden to ride in July's FIM event . „Of course, the decision who rides at Wroclaw belongs to the FIM and the British. But it is in our interest that Tai gets the nomination and will accept it, " says the head of the Wroclaw's club, Andrzej Rusko

The Speedway Pair tournament during the non-Olympic sports Games will be held on July 29th in accordance with the formula in force ofin the former world championships pairs. There will be seven best national teams (duo plus one reserve team) to race in 21 races. Poland will be represented by Bartosz Zmarzlik (Gorzów), Patryk Dudek ( Zielona Góra) and Maciej Janowski (Wroclaw).

In Wroclaw they cannot imagine that the world no.2 would not ride during The World Games 2017- writes sports.pl

Whilst Tai Woffinden is one of the best speedway riders in the world , he is also in dispute with his own federation to such extend that this year he declined to ride for England in the World Cup Teams.

Tai is quoted as saying -"My resignation from th 2017 World Cup was thought out. On the other hand I am very much indebted to the Wroclaw speedway club. The new track at the Olympic Stadium, judging from the first laps, looks promising, so if my federation allows me, I will be happy to ride at The World Games "

In Wroclaw they want Woffinden to ride in July's FIM event . Of course, the decision who rides at Wroclaw belongs to the FIM and the British. But it is in our interest that Tai gets the nomination and will accept it, " says the head of the Wroclaw's club, Andrzej Rusko

The Speedway Pair tournament during the non-Olympic sports Games will be held on July 29th in accordance with the formula in force ofin the former world championships pairs. There will be seven best national teams (duo plus one reserve team) to race in 21 races. Poland will be represented by Bartosz Zmarzlik (Gorzów), Patryk Dudek ( Zielona Góra) and Maciej Janowski (Wroclaw).

Tai can fook off. If he wants to ride in this for GB then he can ride in the World Cup. Hopefully they tell him it's both or none.

Why? They got away with it for years. Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

I see a lot politics played here unnecessarily. I just know that this metting was not on the FIM calendar. It's the same mickey mouse type of event that the Best Pairs is.

• Like 2

I see a lot politics played here unnecessarily. I just know that this metting was not on the FIM calendar. It's the same mickey mouse type of event that the Best Pairs is.

Makes me wonder who is putting up the money.As you say,"mickey muse" and Polish fans don't normally go for that sort of thing in a big way however good the line-up.But if Tai wants to ride,there must be good money being payed.I'd also guess who ever runs The World Games will alo need paying to come in under their name....will watch all the news with interest

Makes me wonder who is putting up the money.As you say,"mickey muse" and Polish fans don't normally go for that sort of thing in a big way however good the line-up.But if Tai wants to ride,there must be good money being payed.I'd also guess who ever runs The World Games will alo need paying to come in under their name....will watch all the news with interest

Briefly glanced that this world games is a non-profit organisation under the actual Olympic committee. Basically they want to give a chance for non olympic sports to show what they have and that usually new olympic sports come through world games. As speedway is one of the sports that the host city has the right to promote, I'd guess that staging fee is out of the question. Edited by f-s-p

Woffinden can get stuffed. Time for the British authorities to tell him in no uncertain terms where to go. Jumped up oik.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3