Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

World Games Pairs 29/7/17

Can you tell us PHIL, is Tai advising Stevie Worrall alone, has he not been asked by Robert for help? Could you ask the Speedway Star to interview both Tai and Steve about it, we would all be interested to know ....

WILL see what I can do. From what I have heard (not necessarily gospel) Lambert's parents are none too receptive when it comes to others attempting to give him advice. All young riders can benefit from the 'right' advice and that's one reason why there is so much hope for Dan Bewley with Steve Lawson at his shoulder.

• Like 1

Have we ...we have come 4th and 2nd in the last two world cups much better than we have been doing while Denmark have been total rubbish and have no decent riders on the horizon the same as Sweden ..I understand we need to get better but can't understand this look at these other nations as besides Poland none are better off than we are

If you look at who scored what and where, in 2017 Sweden beat us and we came 4th, Sweden got 42 points and we got 15, if the round we won to get to the final was not at Kings Lynn we would have not even qualified for the final. In 2016 the WC was at Manchester, so we had home advantage and a certain T W who scored 19 points where we came 2nd. If Tai had not been riding Sweden would have likely beaten us again.

I agree that it seems that Sweden and Denmark do not have many good young riders coming through but our riders need experience abroad not only against foreign riders but on the size of tracks over there as well. We are not a match for the Poles at the moment but any experience, even against the Swedes and Danes, can only do our riders good. Rosco is taking the riders over to Torun next year for training etc which is a good start.

Edited by A ORLOV

... It was an un needed red light. The race could easily have continued and if Janowski had been in a scoring position, which looked unlikely after the first bend, the result could have been altered.

I thought it stank the meeting out.

Steve Shovlar gives impression that he knows averything about speedway. Perhaps he does know about speedway run by BSPA...but clearly he does not know FIM rules. In meetings run under FIM the referee - I'm told - is obliged to stop the race if any of four rider crosses the inside line with both wheels, and that what's happened with Janowski. So if anything stinks here it was not the referee.

• Like 3

This is what I was wondering too when I was walking around in the paddock. In most cases these kind of team setups do not really work. Good exception though is the James Shanes.

We have the same problem in Holland with Romano Hummel (going big in longtrack racing). When his family not around him he seems to be more relaxed and perform much better.

As you will probably know Romano Hummel rode for Berwick Bandits for a total of about 3 meetings before dissapearing and we later found out that it was due to his father not wanting him to ride league speedway at such a young age (why sign the f***ing contract?!?!) but that Romano would he ready to race league speedway in 2018 and that Berwick have special dispensation to have him as an asset until then, I for one really hope he comes to Berwick next year on his 4 point average as he looked very good last year in his 1 home meeting against Redcar and was ok away at I think Sheffield and Scunthorpe.

Have we ...we have come 4th and 2nd in the last two world cups much better than we have been doing while Denmark have been total rubbish and have no decent riders on the horizon the same as Sweden ..I understand we need to get better but can't understand this look at these other nations as besides Poland none are better off than we are

The only reason we came 2nd was Woffinden.

The only reason we came 4th was yet another fixed draw.

• Like 1