British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon V Poole 16/4/17 5 Pm

Secret agent Ellis successfully dispatched.

KK if he doesn't get his arse into gear soon. Klindt and Shanes will probably be dispensed with before the Play Offs too. The other four (Newman not Kerr) are the basis of a decent side although Holder should be doing a bit more.

KK if he doesn't get his arse into gear soon. Klindt and Shanes will probably be dispensed with before the Play Offs too. The other four (Newman not Kerr) are the basis of a decent side although Holder should be doing a bit more.

Better get a move on then, you can't change your side after July.

• Like 1

I have watched Jacks formative years at Plymouth. Very inconsistent.

Today he could wipe the floor with anyone, yet next week can hardly turn left. Made a huge amount of ground to get up with those in front, round 1 & 2, to lose it all again on 3 &4. Over riding and sometimes down right dangerously. He always stuck to the inside when it was always best to sit mid to outside.

No where near as good as Chris at the same stage.

Watching his performances closely at Poole and Peterborough. He will come good, but may take a little longer.

Nothing to choose between the top 2 of Poole and Belle Vue, Belle Vue winning by 2 points and Poole drawing at Blunsdon, although Fricke the Aces number 1 didn't do any better than KK. Klindt is the best reserve in league.

Great to see 2 big crowds of over 2000 at Blunsdon, although car park was full last night, would have got a few hundred more if the weather had been ok. With rain falling thought they would have rushed the meeting through a bit quicker, nearly 2 hours. Heavy rain just after heat 15.

Good to see so many nippers there with their free Easter eggs, although no victory laps, and no fan/rider interaction. Just a couple of hundred left for joint victory parade.

Edited by beefy keefy

Nothing to choose between the top 2 of Poole and Belle Vue, Belle Vue winning by 2 points and Poole drawing at Blunsdon, although Fricke the Aces number 1 didn't do any better than KK. Klindt is the best reserve in league.

Great to see 2 big crowds of over 2000 at Blunsdon, although car park was full last night, would have got a few hundred more if the weather had been ok. With rain falling thought they would have rushed the meeting through a bit quicker, nearly 2 hours Heavy rain just after heat 15.

Good to see so many nippers there with their free Easter eggs, although no victory laps, and no fan/rider interaction. Just a couple of hundred left for joint victory parade.

I just don't get this thing of having the interval after heat 12. Can somebody explain to me the logic of having an interval with just 3 races to go when there are long enough intervals anyway every 4 heats? This is a real pet hate of mine, and it was even more unneccesary yesterday considering it was raining.

I appreciate that the rain wasn't enough at that time to put the meeting in doubt, but it leaves the crowd hanging around in the rain waiting for just 3 more heats.

If they really need to have an interval (which, in my opinion they don't) then they could have it after heat 8 surely? Seeing as they seem intent on doing things the football way at the moment, they could call it "Half Time".

• Like 6

I just don't get this thing of having the interval after heat 12. Can somebody explain to me the logic of having an interval with just 3 races to go when there are long enough intervals anyway every 4 heats? This is a real pet hate of mine, and it was even more unneccesary yesterday considering it was raining.

I appreciate that the rain wasn't enough at that time to put the meeting in doubt, but it leaves the crowd hanging around in the rain waiting for just 3 more heats.

If they really need to have an interval (which, in my opinion they don't) then they could have it after heat 8 surely? Seeing as they seem intent on doing things the football way at the moment, they could call it "Half Time".

We had a family of newbies with us last night, they loved the racing, but hated the delays and the view ain't good if you're a little 'un. The two kids can only go when there's no school the next day. Bring back Blunsdon Saturday's!

We had a family of newbies with us last night, they loved the racing, but hated the delays and the view ain't good if you're a little 'un. The two kids can only go when there's no school the next day. Bring back Blunsdon Saturday's!

The delays were too much between some races, some of which seemed unnecessary, it was also annoying when after an unsatisfactory start, of which we had a few, riders need to stop and adjust something or even refuel.

• Like 3

Have to agree there were a few delays but the need to water the track always slows things down and there wasn't much anyone could do about that I suppose, and the meeting started 20 minutes late. A good meeting and a bumper crowd hopefully made up for that for any newbies around.

• Like 1

Just got back and a super fightback from Pirates almost saw us take the win, but in the end a draw a fair result imo.

Swindon started on fire and were thrashing us out of the starts to be 22 14 up, but then Poole got dialled in and started to pull it back.

Knew the 4 points up after heat 13 were not quite enough and feel a big big trick was missed, though to be honest it would have been a suprise had it been attempted.

Richings had one ride left and was always going to run a last in heat 14. So why not remove KK who had been slow, and stick Richings in heat 13 with Hans? Then we could have used Klindt alongside Brady in heat 14 and possibly have won the meeting before the last race. Certainly a good chance of a 3-3 with Bellego winning which would given us a two point victory on the night.

No good saying Adam came back too early. He is part of the team and needs to come back to get dialled in. Saw him before the meeting and he seemed fine. If a riders says they are fit they can't just be left out as r/r might have got more. We would never see a full 1-7 from any club!

Thought Hans was brilliant. Started this season far better than last year. Looks fast and aggressive. KK looks very slow. Needs faster bikes no good being picked off by Bellego. Way too slow.

A good result for Pirates but giving away such a big lead cost us the win. We seem to do it every time we go there.

Steve I was say the same thing on gd Friday at home at time it was close and heat 8 was crying out for Shanes to be replaced by Klindt and middlo left shanes in they had replaced graversen with Allen we should have swapped are res round.

I no at the end we won meeting and he did it in heat 12 but it was close at time

And I agree with u I would have took out garrity in heat 13 at Somerset all so and given shanes his last ride and heat 14 would have been better to put in klindt in 14 and we would of had a chance to win meeting

Steve I was say the same thing on gd Friday at home at time it was close and heat 8 was crying out for Shanes to be replaced by Klindt and middlo left shanes in they had replaced graversen with Allen we should have swapped are res round.

I no at the end we won meeting and he did it in heat 12 but it was close at time

And I agree with u I would have took out garrity in heat 13 at Somerset all so and given shanes his last ride and heat 14 would have been better to put in klindt in 14 and we would of had a chance to win meeting

Garrity had to remain in heat 13 to complete his 3 rides. He had already been taken out of heat 1 after hitting the tapes.

However, I agree with you - Middlo isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Edited by Najjer

Jack is riding very consistently for Peterborough in the championship. He's good for 8-10 points a meeting at number 1

Jack's previous British racing experience has been at the old Premier League level so its no surprise he's more consistent when racing for the Panthers at that level.

If you take away his 'inflated' average for the Premiership then he is scoring pretty much what you would expect a new 2nd string to score. Give him a bit of time and he'll be fine.

The expectation for any rider racing for Poole is quite high and the less-experienced need more time to sort themselves - a bit like Brady last season, and look at him go now.

Edited by Skidder1

Garrity had to remain in heat 13 to complete his 3 rides. He had already been taken out of heat 1 after hitting the tapes.

However, I agree with you - Middlo isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The tapes ex in heat 1 counts as a ride

The tapes ex in heat 1 counts as a ride

Only if not replaced.

• Like 1