British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
speedy bill

George Carrswall

Heard last night George was told he was no longer welcome in the pits ,now to me that is wrong. George helps to run the Colts and as also paid out of his own pocket over the years for riders transfers ect. The new people now running Belle Vue admitted they dont have a clue what is involved to run a speedway and they dont seem to know what George has done to help keep this club going ,paying out of his own pocket.He should not be tard with the same brush as David Gordon and co ,he is a very honest sincere man,The person who made that decision must rethink what he has done,i think it is disgusting to treat George this way.

Heard last night George was told he was no longer welcome in the pits ,now to me that is wrong. George helps to run the Colts and as also paid out of his own pocket over the years for riders transfers ect. The new people now running Belle Vue admitted they dont have a clue what is involved to run a speedway and they dont seem to know what George has done to help keep this club going ,paying out of his own pocket.He should not be tard with the same brush as David Gordon and co ,he is a very honest sincere man,The person who made that decision must rethink what he has done,i think it is disgusting to treat George this way.

Well from what I'm hearing over on facebook about ppl who was with him yesterday at the stadium then you are talking bullsh*t

I know George as we have traded programmes in the past. He is a big collector. He receives open access to Belle Vue and has done all season. I think you may have see him cleared out of the pits like everyone else before 7pm. I saw him sat in the Directors seats happy as could be with Peter Ravn. Hardly would have done so if he had just been thrown out. Think this is another load of BS myself.

This is a serious allegation so I'd like the evidence. 'Heard' not good enough, from who? As a regular at BV I know the high regard George is held in by those who attend every week. It is a pity he isn't involved more directly but possibly it's because he was linked to a different consortium. He was in the PC suite after the meeting so I doubt your allegations and wonder what your agenda is. Such stirring is unwelcome after the 12 months we have experienced.

I heard from a very reliable source who heard it said, i dont say things that are bullrubbish see what happens before you open your mouths.If there has been a change of mind ,and i hope there as then great

Edited by bw double

I heard from a very reliable source who heard it said, i dont say things that are bullrubbish see what happens before you open your mouths

Might have been better for you to have taken your own advice mate. You heard it 2nd hand, so you've no idea if it's bullsh1t, yet you see fit to create a thread about it, nice one, keeps the pot bubbling away.

• Like 2

For a guy who's done so much for the club over the years it's a pity that the OP can't even spell his name correctly

• Like 3

This is a serious allegation so I'd like the evidence. 'Heard' not good enough, from who? As a regular at BV I know the high regard George is held in by those who attend every week. It is a pity he isn't involved more directly but possibly it's because he was linked to a different consortium. He was in the PC suite after the meeting so I doubt your allegations and wonder what your agenda is. Such stirring is unwelcome after the 12 months we have experienced.

Judging by reputation, I don't think BWdouble would do that. The people who told him might have some sort of grudge, though - I have been fed false information myself in the past.

I am very pleased that George is still attending and slightly disappointed that he isn't part of the promotion. There's no question about his enthusiasm and committment to Belle Vue but he is tainted by his involvement with previous years.

Over the years I've heard so much attributed to a 'reliable source' I'd estimate that most of it is proved to be utterly untrue. In this open media world, unfortunately things that are published become the 'truth' for those who want to believe it. It seems to matter little whether it is or not.

silly to post such slanderous posts on hearsay, also D Gordon and Co have NOT been proven guilty of any under arm stuff, and if they are proven guilty (legally) then and only then will we have the full truth.

Judging by reputation, I don't think BWdouble would do that. The people who told him might have some sort of grudge, though - I have been fed false information myself in the past.

I am very pleased that George is still attending and slightly disappointed that he isn't part of the promotion. There's no question about his enthusiasm and committment to Belle Vue but he is tainted by his involvement with previous years.

Wasn't George Carswell's promoters licence suspended for 12 months. Like others I think it best not to repeat these sort of rumours, most of what I hear turns out to be rubbish unless it comes from one or two sources I trust. I would like to see George involved in some capacity but I can understand that the new promoters may want to do things their way.

I just think BW worded it wrong.

I think George was just thrown out of pits