British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Peterborough Vs Ipswich Non 17th April

I dunno baldy. Put your impartial head on, it desperately needed it a few heats before hand! If They were stripping the 1&3 gates id agree!

What an amazing ride by jack Holder in 15!!!

Did well to hold off Rory . Not the result we wanted but good meeting.

Should Heeps have been in 15

Poor from the Pboro team manager Bjerre 3 on the bounce not switching Bacon and Wilson Dean in heat 7/8 but worst of all not spotting Heeps with no dirt deflector in heat 3 very poor - Lambert looks like a novice doesn't look comfortable on the bike at all .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

Well we did our best to throw it away

If we want to be successful this season we know what needs to happen

Really have to hope Newman is back sharpish. Even a modest 6 points from him today would have meant a 12 point swing on the scores, that makes a massive difference. The potential of this team with Newman in it is very exciting indeed.

• Like 2

Poor from the Pboro team manager Bjerre 3 on the bounce not switching Bacon and Wilson Dean in heat 7/8 but worst of all not spotting Heeps with no dirt deflector in heat 3 very poor - Lambert looks like a novice doesn't look comfortable on the bike at all .

He did redeem himself by ensuring that Bacon took his 3rd ride in heat 13 though. Didn't spot Heeps lack of a deflector in heat 3 myself to be honest.

Quite enjoyed that as a neutral.

Surely having won heat 14 Heeps should have been in the last race?

Are you serious????

Lambert 3 rides 3 points, clearly no speed, and got done by Mountain in his last ride.

Sitting in the pits, BWD who has 2 heats win from 3, and looking quick!

And we keep with Simon???? I hope we don't regret that.

lamberts riding like a rider shot to bits , I wouldn't say he has no speed , his problem looks like confidence a spell at reserve next month where he can start winning a few heats will make a huge difference , flappy will no doubt keep going on about dropping him , but it's better the devil you know (can't possibly see who's out there better) simon should get a good run at reserve and soon up his game

Surely having won heat 14 Heeps should have been in the last race?

Its a difficult one for me. Going in to heat 15 two points down, I think I'd have probably gone with King and Schlein too. Heeps rode well and on the face of it it looks like he should have got the nod, but with the pressure on I still think I'd have gone with the pair that was picked.

Well that's my first trip to the east of England Showground! I enjoyed the meeting think the panthers fans have certainly overplayed how much better the racing would be than at Foxhall! Only difference I saw was the away team came and had a go unlike the Saturday meeting!! Jack holder very impressive and surely man of the match! Undoubtably you missed Hansen as I'm sure he'll score more than 5 at home more often than not but then equally if we had Newman there's no doubt he'd have scored far better than sarj's big fat zero!! Positively from a witches perspective heeps/covatti pairing looking very good partebership, mountain growing in confidence was very good today and schlein looking good home and away!

lamberts riding like a rider shot to bits , I wouldn't say he has no speed , his problem looks like confidence a spell at reserve next month where he can start winning a few heats will make a huge difference , flappy will no doubt keep going on about dropping him , but it's better the devil you know (can't possibly see who's out there better) simon should get a good run at reserve and soon up his game

He's getting passed by 2 point riders, riding at reserve will make no difference in fact it will weaken us.

• Like 1

Really have to hope Newman is back sharpish. Even a modest 6 points from him today would have meant a 12 point swing on the scores, that makes a massive difference. The potential of this team with Newman in it is very exciting indeed.

Agreed BUT Hansen would of scored more than 5 aswell, so swings and roundabouts imo. I'd say a fair result on reflection, worse I've seen Danny around the EOES in a long long time.

• Like 1

wouldn't mind that reversed SP!!.

Did you attend Saturday? If you didn't very wise decision!!

No, it was my birthday and had a weekend in Wells Somerset but did get home this afternoon for today's meeting.
  • Like 1

Just had a chance to catch up. Was at the Dartford Tunnel when this one started.

Holidays over for me and back to work with a bump tomorrow without the beating of the pussycats I hoped for! 😣

Looks like this goes in the 'one that got away' column.

Agreed BUT Hansen would of scored more than 5 aswell, so swings and roundabouts imo.

starke would have scored more than bjerre

He's getting passed by 2 point riders, riding at reserve will make no difference in fact it will weaken us.

if panthers kept on sacking every time a rider goes thro a rough spell we'll end up with no riders sometimes you have to ride the storm with some ,lamberts proved his self at reserve (in the past) and the likelihood is he'll come good again

• Like 1