British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Peterborough Vs Ipswich Non 17th April

Shame on you Blue!

Mind you I'm going to have to give it a miss too but not because of footie.

With Oystermouth riding ippo must be odds-on favourites to take all 4 points.

Hope it's a good day.

You were saying? :lol: Must admit looking at the 2 teams on paper beforehand I thought Ipswich would easily win.

46-44 to the Panthers I reckon.

Close. :P

Quite enjoyed that as a neutral.

Me too, although not truly neutral as I wanted the Panthers to win. Is it me or has Simon Lambert got a really weird style of riding?

• Like 1

You were saying? :lol: Must admit looking at the 2 teams on paper beforehand I thought Ipswich would easily win.

Close. :P

Me too, although not truly neutral as I wanted the Panthers to win. Is it me or has Simon Lambert got a really weird style of riding?

I don't know , I have never seen you ride before.

• Like 2

Somebody needs to go to Specsavers - how on earth you could NOT award Man of the Match to Jack Holder yesterday totally defies belief. No disrespect intended to Bradley who also rode well but Jack was simply brilliant and our match winner.

• Like 6

So I had a run in with the Health & Safety numpties yesterday, I've been going to the EOES on and off for the last 30 years or so and have always stood at the back of the stand, after a couple of races some jumped up knuckle dragging neanderthal (what I assume was a) woman with a face like a slapped arse and wearing the all empowering high-vis jacket told us in no uncertain terms to move and we couldn't stand there, why not I asked? Health & Safety it grunted, well find us a couple of seats I asked as it appeared from the top of the stand that it was full... except for the whole section blocked off, what about there I asked, it's taped off it grunted, why? Health & Safety. OK I'll move after this race I said (as it was just about to start), no move now it it spewed with no hint of a personality, after the race I said. At this point it dragged it's knuckles off to go and get backup. It returned with the cavalry, the race was an unsatisfactory start and again I said to the now (I think, head steward) I'll move along after the race... no you've got to move now, but they were lining up at the tapes, so we both stood back and watched it.

After the race, after we had both calmed down a bit, I had quite an interesting chat with this steward. It turns out that to get a licence to run from Peterborough Council that they have to have these H&S stewards, the section of the grandstand was taped off because they don't have enough volunteer stewards to man all sections, 1 steward for 250 people, no stewards and no standing or no speedway as simple as that. The steward told me that he's having to do an NVQ course also. I almost felt like volunteering after our chat, but as I live in Leicester and don't always go Peterborough, I can't really do it.

It's a shame that the stewards and Peterborough Speedway don't explain the reasons for the no standing rule and the sectioning off of the grandstand in more detail as then people may be a bit more sympathetic to them when told to move along... having said that some of the stewards also need to go on a "how to talk to the public" course as a simple explanation in the first place could have saved a bit of agro.

From the tone of that I doubt that you'd be sympathetic under any circumstances.

• Like 1

Looks like Carl Johnson should spend less time on twitter and more time reading the regulations ....

3.8.2 sub section b Carl would be one to check ☺

Looks like Carl Johnson should spend less time on twitter and more time reading the regulations ....

Twitter :D

• Like 1

What rule is that bruv?

Don't worry, seen it now

Wow the panthers team manager comes across a bit of a 🍩 on twitter. No class

Edited by baldyman

From the tone of that I doubt that you'd be sympathetic under any circumstances.

talk to me like a piece of rubbish and what do you expect?

• Like 1

talk to me like a piece of rubbish and what do you expect?

they've explained the situation regarding standing at the back of the grandstand time and time again over the tannoy, in the program and on the website and yet still people do it. Not sure what more you think they should do?
  • Like 1

they've explained the situation regarding standing at the back of the grandstand time and time again over the tannoy, in the program and on the website and yet still people do it. Not sure what more you think they should do?

erm... explain it again in a polite and friendly manner for those people that don't go week in week out?

erm... explain it again in a polite and friendly manner for those people that don't go week in week out?

I thought that there were signs at the back of the stand?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Very impressed with Connor Mountain, deserved more points, & always in the mix. Think the Witches will be the team to beat when Newman returns, so a good win for the Panthers.

• Like 1