British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Peterborough Vs Ipswich Non 17th April

There are and I saw them.... so sat down

Added to the fact that there was nobody standing at the back then that's a pretty good indicator that standing there is a bit of an issue now. The knowledge and communication skills of the staff shouldn't really need to be tested if people just think for themselves a bit in the first place. That's not to say that iainb doesn't have a point. We've all met the jobsworth type, but this really wasn't worth the excitable initial post.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

I don't know , I have never seen you ride before.

:o ....Give me £1,000 and you can, but not necessarily with Simon Lambert as I've no idea what he looks like and I'm fussy. :lol:

.....iainb.........the section of the grandstand was taped off because they don't have enough volunteer stewards to man all sections, 1 steward for 250 people, no stewards and no standing or no speedway as simple as that.

Shame about the end bit of grandstand that is always out of bounds now because that's where I used to go. Having two dogs who like to stretch out and go to sleep it kept them out of everyone's way. I presumed it was because of needing stewards but this is Speedway we're talking about and there aren't usually any problems. Health and stupid Safety strikes again. :neutral:

I think we all get health and safety to a point but it's gone bonkers, is it really dangerous to stand at the back?

• Like 2

I think we all get health and safety to a point but it's gone bonkers, is it really dangerous to stand at the back?

Somewhat ironic that everyone's watching 4 riders race at breakneck speed on motorcycles with no brakes, now that is dangerous

• Like 5

I just don't get it. Plenty of room in the stadium to stand..but oh no, people want to stand where it's seating only🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

It doesn't matter about the view, it's seating only. You don't go to the cinema and stand at the back. And surely a seat at the back is perfectly high enough

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Who said anything about dangerous? It's not very wide up there and it's an access route. It's also not like other options are limited. It's the complete non problem,

I just don't get it. Plenty of room in the stadium to stand..but oh no, people want to stand where it's seating only

It's been raised quite a few times, the view is excellent, the seats are comfortable and your sheltered from the elements and the best thing is it doesn't cost you anymore.

It's been raised quite a few times, the view is excellent, the seats are comfortable and your sheltered from the elements and the best thing is it doesn't cost you anymore.

Apart from the effort of cleaning your seat or clothes from dirty seats. We're missing a sponsorsip opportunity here. We could contact the Reckitt Benckiser Group plc to sponsor us with tins of Mr Sheen, which co-incidentally is an Australian invention, much like most of what's been good about Peterborough Speedway.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

Apart from the effort of cleaning your seat or clothes from dirty seats. We're missing a sponsorsip opportunity here. We could contact the Reckitt Benckiser Group plc to sponsor us with tins of Mr Sheen, which co-incidentally is an Australian invention, much like most of what's been good about Peterborough Speedway.

Yes the Grandstand but especially the seats are dirtier than I've ever known them (post Truckfest excepted) - I would have thought another Elf n Safety issue. It's gone way beyond a duster and can of Mr. Sheen - the whole thing needs a good going over with an industrial Hoover and followed by power washing down. Another sponsorship opportunity - we could become the T. Balfe Construction Peterborough Karcher Power Washer Panthers - that would give Craig a headache every week getting that correct! Just imagine when he did a war cry - give us a T.... give us a B etc. etc....... one per meeting would be sufficient and we would be finished and gone home before he got to the end - everyone's a winner!

• Like 3

Yes the Grandstand but especially the seats are dirtier than I've ever known them (post Truckfest excepted) - I would have thought another Elf n Safety issue. It's gone way beyond a duster and can of Mr. Sheen - the whole thing needs a good going over with an industrial Hoover and followed by power washing down. Another sponsorship opportunity - we could become the T. Balfe Construction Peterborough Karcher Power Washer Panthers - that would give Craig a headache every week getting that correct! Just imagine when he did a war cry - give us a T.... give us a B etc. etc....... one per meeting would be sufficient and we would be finished and gone home before he got to the end - everyone's a winner!

Thought my idea was better tbh ;) . It would give more importance to his track shop waffle if he could say that cans of Mr Sheen are available in team colours for a Red and Black Attack of your dirty stand seat.

To be fair though, like most things the EoES no longer care I guess as nothing else of importance goes on at the Showground these days and it's another add on that Rathbone doesn't need to deal with.

Edited by Crump99

Any update on the well being of KKH?

From the official website, good to see its nothing serious with KKH.

"Danish ace Kenneth Hansen will miss the trip to Owlerton Stadium, but he is set to return to the fold early next month.

Hansen has undergone blood tests and a scan in his homeland, which have revealed an infection that will be treated in the coming days."