British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Peterborough Vs Ipswich Non 17th April

starke would have scored more than bjerre

if panthers kept on sacking every time a rider goes thro a rough spell we'll end up with no riders sometimes you have to ride the storm with some ,lamberts proved his self at reserve (in the past) and the likelihood is he'll come good again

That all depends on what the club's aims are for the season, he currently averages 1.67. No doubt he will have some good meetings at reserve at home, but is that enough? Especially with Bacon scoring his 3rd home blank today.

• Like 1

A 7/10 meeting that for me IMO. Some good moves, but the afternoon kills the track. Time between the heats get dragged out, dusty, and hard to pass. When the track had some moisture in it, it provided some great racing.

Holder - 5/5 - Absolute belter of a performance, really showed up when needed in 13/15. His battle with Rory in 15 was superb, had Roo-boy right where he wanted.

Lambert - 1.5/5 - A stinker.... again, bit worrying now, only beat Sarj x2 and Hume, lacks speed and confidence which is an awful combination to miss out on!

Lasse - 3/5 - A solid performance, not the greatest, but the track wasn't really to Little Lasses liking!

Ully - 4/5 - Credit to Ully, done a captains performance, didn't look the quickest out there, but rode sensible lines.

BWD - 3.5/5 - May seem a harsh score, but his high standards so far, when he gated was quick, but when he didn't, struggled, still a good score once again!

Bacon 1/5 - Have a feeling the Bacon has been sitting in the fridge to long, and could be off...... struggled massively.

King - 2.5/5 - The worst I've seen Danny around the EOES in a long time! Lacked speed, should he of gone in 15? I don't think so.

Sarj - 0/5 - awful, never in the mix, and I predicted what heat he would jump for the second meeting running, thanks James!

Nico - 3/5 - Not bad, not good, superb move in heat 12 to go around Lasse.

Heeps - 5/5 - The guy loves the EOES, absolute star man, and no heat 15..... very weir choice!

Rory - 4/5 - solid performance, and looked on the speed, lost out to Holder twice though.

Hume - 2/5 - good performance again from Danyon, was in contention for all his heats which is what your after.

Conor - 3.5/5 - very good, really on the speed, passed Lambert (doesn't sound much) but lined him up nicely!

Few weird decisions by Panthers management, no way in earth, should BWD have a ride left, and give Simon 5.... very weird!

Wins a win end of the day, Ippo could of sneaked it, we could of won by a few more, but overall, worse ways to spend your BH afternoon.

• Like 2

Agreed BUT Hansen would of scored more than 5 aswell, so swings and roundabouts imo. I'd say a fair result on reflection, worse I've seen Danny around the EOES in a long long time.

Oh no doubt he would, he's scored 9 in each of his two meetings thus far, but still think we missed Newman more with Sarj's duck egg ;)

Just frustrating that we've yet to see our declared 1-7 take to the track and the full potential to the side. Newman back in will mean the difference in picking up a point instead of none, and three instead of one in some meetings. He'll make a difference.

King is still struggling for fitness.

• Like 1

Poor from the Pboro team manager Bjerre 3 on the bounce not switching Bacon and Wilson Dean in heat 7/8 but worst of all not spotting Heeps with no dirt deflector in heat 3 very poor - Lambert looks like a novice doesn't look comfortable on the bike at all .

Manager made a rod for his own back by leaving r/r at 5. Should have been moved to 2.
  • Like 6

Manager made a rod for his own back by leaving r/r at 5. Should have been moved to 2.

totally agree they knew they'd have r/r , r/r should always be at 2

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 3

Said the same myself as it always gives you the option for a big hitter in heat 8. Great performance from Jack Holder tonight.
  • Like 3

Not a bad meeting and a few good races. Not particularly a fan of Holder I think he's a tad overrated, but he impressed me today. Much much better from him. King was actually feeling worse today than he was on Saturday which is surprising. Needs a good few days to rest his body. Agree with the above we need Newman fit and in the side ASAP to realise the full potential of the side. I can see us getting stronger as the season progresses. Both lads at reserve will continue their progress and Mountain in particular is coming off a nasty injury and long lay off so a lot more to come from the pair of them.

A point on the road is always welcome. Pick up a few points away from home here and there and remain unbeaten at home which I think we will this year, should be good enough for top 4.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Decent meeting.

Brilliant performance from Holder, best I have seen him ride. Probably best I have seen Heeps ride, too, and a mention for Connor Mountain - really got stuck in and rode with a lot of grit and spirit.

Bizarre to allow people to tramp all over a newly prepared track and I am wondering just why anyone would want to.

I, too, thought the track grading before heat 15 was a little odd. Bringing the blade out at that stage of the meeting is something I am not sure I have seen before.

• Like 2

Said the same myself as it always gives you the option for a big hitter in heat 8. Great performance from Jack Holder tonight.

It just didn't make sense. BWD could only take 1 r/r ride & only take 6 rides not 7. It forced Lambert to take 5 rides when he should have only had 3 & meant the three riders under average rode with the reserves. Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

It just didn't make sense. BWD could only take 1 r/r ride & only take 6 rides not 7. It forced Lambert to take 5 rides when he should have only had 3 & meant the three riders under average rode with the reserves.

Wouldn't say it forced Lambert into 5 rides, BWD should of replaced him in 10.

BUT I agree, R/R should never ever be at #5.

• Like 2

Wouldn't say it forced Lambert into 5 rides, BWD should of replaced him in 10.

BUT I agree, R/R should never ever be at #5.

Aah yes I forgot that clanger from Carl.
  • Like 3

It's lovely coming on here reading all these would be managers!!

TBF it's what a forum is for, debate and giving opinions. The Panthers fans make good points on those strange decisions for what it's worth.
  • Like 2

A decent meeting after a slow start.

Holder- Superb performance, best I've seen him. Rode similarly to last year in the Fours. The sponsors choice of man of the match was ridiculous, Holder won that meeting for Peterborough.

Lambert- Struggled, doesn't look confident and would be expected to beat Mountain at the Showground.

Bjerre- Brilliant to watch, albeit his wild style may have cost him a few points. Good value.

Ostergaard- Did his job, felt he should've been in 15 instead of Bjerre, however guessing his injuries contributed to the decision.

Wilson-Dean- Did well but will have better meetings. Impressed with his start to the season.

Bacon- Feel for him, think he may be able to cut it at this level but just don't think the Showground suits him. Hope he's given a chance to improve.

King- Struggled early on, good before heat 15 which he should never have been in. Think the close friendship between Danny and Ritchie may have prevented the right decision here. The fact that he isn't fully fit makes the decision seems even more mystifying.

Sarjeant- Flew out to lead one race but not enough pace and was last by bend three. No questions about him keeping a place in the side when Newman returns.

Covatti- Nothing special today but a good ride late on. Good to watch.

Heeps- Fantastic performance by Cameron. No one was catching him when he gated so amazed Hawkins didn't just risk him in heat 15 and throw him in.

Schlein- Very impressed with Rory. Looks fit and strong, no doubt he'll be back in the Premiership soon too. Cracking ride in 15, just couldn't get there.

Hume- Did what was expected by beating Bacon. Looks good, wasn't out of contention in any races.

Mountain- Very impressive today, looks better every time I see him. Ipswich will be delighted to have him and Hume at reserve this year, if both stay fit, they'll improve quickly.

It's lovely coming on here reading all these would be managers!!

Surely this is the whole point of the forum? Discussions are what it's for and it's always interesting to read how people see meetings.

• Like 4

A decent meeting after a slow start.

Holder- Superb performance, best I've seen him. Rode similarly to last year in the Fours. The sponsors choice of man of the match was ridiculous, Holder won that meeting for Peterborough.

Lambert- Struggled, doesn't look confident and would be expected to beat Mountain at the Showground.

Bjerre- Brilliant to watch, albeit his wild style may have cost him a few points. Good value.

Ostergaard- Did his job, felt he should've been in 15 instead of Bjerre, however guessing his injuries contributed to the decision.

Wilson-Dean- Did well but will have better meetings. Impressed with his start to the season.

Bacon- Feel for him, think he may be able to cut it at this level but just don't think the Showground suits him. Hope he's given a chance to improve.

King- Struggled early on, good before heat 15 which he should never have been in. Think the close friendship between Danny and Ritchie may have prevented the right decision here. The fact that he isn't fully fit makes the decision seems even more mystifying.

Sarjeant- Flew out to lead one race but not enough pace and was last by bend three. No questions about him keeping a place in the side when Newman returns.

Covatti- Nothing special today but a good ride late on. Good to watch.

Heeps- Fantastic performance by Cameron. No one was catching him when he gated so amazed Hawkins didn't just risk him in heat 15 and throw him in.

Schlein- Very impressed with Rory. Looks fit and strong, no doubt he'll be back in the Premiership soon too. Cracking ride in 15, just couldn't get there.

Hume- Did what was expected by beating Bacon. Looks good, wasn't out of contention in any races.

Mountain- Very impressive today, looks better every time I see him. Ipswich will be delighted to have him and Hume at reserve this year, if both stay fit, they'll improve quickly.

Surely this is the whole point of the forum? Discussions are what it's for and it's always interesting to read how people see meetings.

Agreed. The man of the match award was even more puzzling than the team manager's decisions​
  • Like 3