British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Peterborough Vs Ipswich Non 17th April

A decent meeting after a slow start.

Holder- Superb performance, best I've seen him. Rode similarly to last year in the Fours. The sponsors choice of man of the match was ridiculous, Holder won that meeting for Peterborough.

Lambert- Struggled, doesn't look confident and would be expected to beat Mountain at the Showground.

Bjerre- Brilliant to watch, albeit his wild style may have cost him a few points. Good value.

Ostergaard- Did his job, felt he should've been in 15 instead of Bjerre, however guessing his injuries contributed to the decision.

Wilson-Dean- Did well but will have better meetings. Impressed with his start to the season.

Bacon- Feel for him, think he may be able to cut it at this level but just don't think the Showground suits him. Hope he's given a chance to improve.

King- Struggled early on, good before heat 15 which he should never have been in. Think the close friendship between Danny and Ritchie may have prevented the right decision here. The fact that he isn't fully fit makes the decision seems even more mystifying.

Sarjeant- Flew out to lead one race but not enough pace and was last by bend three. No questions about him keeping a place in the side when Newman returns.

Covatti- Nothing special today but a good ride late on. Good to watch.

Heeps- Fantastic performance by Cameron. No one was catching him when he gated so amazed Hawkins didn't just risk him in heat 15 and throw him in.

Schlein- Very impressed with Rory. Looks fit and strong, no doubt he'll be back in the Premiership soon too. Cracking ride in 15, just couldn't get there.

Hume- Did what was expected by beating Bacon. Looks good, wasn't out of contention in any races.

Mountain- Very impressive today, looks better every time I see him. Ipswich will be delighted to have him and Hume at reserve this year, if both stay fit, they'll improve quickly.

Surely this is the whole point of the forum? Discussions are what it's for and it's always interesting to read how people see meetings.

Very good summary and bang on the money.
  • Like 2

Yep agree that's what the forum is for I would love to see if any of you would actually go and say it to the actual managers concerned!! Just out of interest who did the sponsors choose for man of the meeting?

It's lovely coming on here reading all these would be managers!!

well none could have done much worse than the man in charge today - a few simple changes would resulted in Ipswich leaving with 0 points the one that I don't get is Heeps with no dirt deflector where was the team manager were was the clerk of course were was the start marshal were was the ref and were was the machine examiner ? surly if that had been spotted even during the race Heeps would have been excluded . Ipswich today was let of the hook bet they are laughing all the way back to Suffolk - for me as a Kings Lynn fan it was pleasing to see Rory back on it .
  • Like 3

I wonder if Sarjeant will be man enough and come out to apologise for that performance, like Lambert did for Saturdays

• Like 2

I wonder if Sarjeant will be man enough and come out to apologise for that performance, like Lambert did for Saturdays

He was trying.

Yep agree that's what the forum is for I would love to see if any of you would actually go and say it to the actual managers concerned!! Just out of interest who did the sponsors choose for man of the meeting?

It's not my job to, I'll leave that to Ged. Sponsors chose BWD.
  • Like 1

He was trying.

i must have missed that. Was it when he was rolling at the start?
  • Like 2

It's not my job to, I'll leave that to Ged. Sponsors chose BWD.

Ridiculous call that! Holder won us the meeting. BWD done very well mind.

• Like 1

46-44 to the Panthers I reckon.

What's next weeks lottery numbers please?
  • Like 3

Ridiculous call that! Holder won us the meeting. BWD done very well mind.

To be fair, when interviewed BWD did say he didn't deserve it & it should have gone to Jacky.
  • Like 2

To be fair, when interviewed BWD did say he didn't deserve it & it should have gone to Jacky.

Fair one, I'm not surprised, BWD seems a decent one tbh.

It would have been close between Holder and BWD. I would have given it to BWD for his tact on describing the Ipswich track to be honest.

Edited by bdjfan

In Holder and BWD we have a couple of the best up and coming riders currently riding over here in our team. Plenty of room for improvement in both.

Sometimes there are fans forums after meetings where questions get asked. And why wouldn't someone say anything to a managers face? Are they big and scary.

For my own pennies worth, I think they have a very solid team if holder races like that more than not. Maybe one change really could see them as serious title contenders.

As for my team, happy with a point this time.

Edited by baldyman