British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent V Lakeside Mon 17th April 3pm

Why?

Because I get there early (unlike some ) ready for meeting to start ON TIME.

With delays etc the first 4 or 5 Heats must have taken three quarters of a hour.

Just standing around with nothing happening,starts to get very boring and annoying.

No racing,c**p track,delays,more delays,really starts getting annoying.

Watching riders just try and stay on the bike is NOT Speedway to me.

By Heat 13,I had seen enough.

Result does not matter anyway,as it is a warm up meeting.

These sort of meetings should be £5 to get in,and that would of been TOO much yesterday.

Rant over. :D

Thanks for the reply, totally understand your reasons and would be tempted to leave early myself after that. The clubs just don't seem to get it do they or maybe just don't give a sh##e

• Like 1

Why?

Because I get there early (unlike some ) ready for meeting to start ON TIME.

With delays etc the first 4 or 5 Heats must have taken three quarters of a hour.

Just standing around with nothing happening,starts to get very boring and annoying.

No racing,c**p track,delays,more delays,really starts getting annoying.

Watching riders just try and stay on the bike is NOT Speedway to me.

By Heat 13,I had seen enough.

Result does not matter anyway,as it is a warm up meeting.

These sort of meetings should be £5 to get in,and that would of been TOO much yesterday.

Rant over. :D

Well said AJ.

I have been attending speedway meetings all over the country for the past 50 years plus and as a neutral spectator yesterday these events tried my patience to put it politely. I left after heat 14.

I consider that not only should Kent reduce admission prices for this type of meeting but also introduce concession rates for the whole season.

• Like 1

What amazes me as a kent regular, is that the track surface is as poor now as it was in the first year at Central Park. Surely now that full planning permission has been obtained, the track should have been relaid during the close season.

• Like 3

Lens' explanation in his email today - "I didn't intend the track to be slick, but with only Saturday morning to do basic prep and a windy day on Monday, I didn't get it deeply wet to make grip ..my mistake."

Perhaps a load more shale on the track in the first place and proper track grading and watering during the heats would have helped.

• Like 1

It can rain for forty days and forty nights, but it wont any difference to a concrete base, and watering a track with not much shale on it, does not make it grippy, it makes it slippery.

Its not rocket science.

• Like 3

All these years he's been doing it and still doesn't seem to understand how to prep a track for and during a meeting, was the worst I had ever seen at Rye House when I went first time their to support Eastbourne.

Thankfuly have one of the best track teams at Eastbourne, so don't have problem with the track.

Edited by Moleman27
  • Like 1

Lens' explanation in his email today - "I didn't intend the track to be slick, but with only Saturday morning to do basic prep and a windy day on Monday, I didn't get it deeply wet to make grip ..my mistake."

Perhaps a load more shale on the track in the first place and proper track grading and watering during the heats would have helped.

I get same email.

My case for Mr Silver to go is the fact he likes to do it all.

Be in charge of track preparation,pick the team.... in other words be a dictator.

Club is going nowhere unless changes in Management are made.IMHO. :D

Well Dry House got that name for a reason, and the same guy that does your Track is the same guy that got Rye House that name..

That's len for you, he always builds something up, then let's it fall down.

I was told when i was at kent that the surface is a sand and crushed mixed with small crushed stone that why when it rains it goes like slim plus the colour of it white.

The White is chalk,which is common to use in the base..

• Like 1

Sand hey? Hmmm, well I never saw it myself but I do remember reading about a certain track (Bristol I think) that tried to race on a track made up of sand, shared with the greyhounds or it was an ex greyhound track, something like that, in any case it was a disaster, zero grip, zero passing.

Sand = not good

As far as Kent is concerned the top surface is the chalk base !!!!!!!!..But some shale can be found underneath the air fence,,I know i raked there for 3 seasons

Edited by waco