British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Select. 19/4/17 7.30pm

Guess someone could organise a few buckets. But doubt many Poole fans will dig deep to give to Horton.

I don't think these meetings are anything to do with Mick so he wouldn't be getting anything. You can put your tenner in the bucket now.

• Like 1

I don't think these meetings are anything to do with Mick so he wouldn't be getting anything. You can put your tenner in the bucket now.

Not sure why Poole fans are concerned about putting money in a bucket as they have been seen as more than generous giving in the past to someone who is probally more financially better off than most of them.

• Like 1

Guess someone could organise a few buckets. But doubt many Poole fans will dig deep to give to Horton.

Horton has nothing to do with this. www.savecoventryspeedway.com lists who is involved in this project including David Rowe, Jeff Davies and people at the NSSC.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

Even now he can't hide his glee at Coventry's closure and has to get a dig in. You know full well that several Coventry fans are interested in this meeting.

With the select side expected to include King, Harris, L.Bjerre, Garrity with Bates and Sarjeant at reserve, the opposition will likely be stronger than at least 5 of the 'real' teams that will visit Poole this season.

Several Coventry fans planning on making the trip. Presumably the same fans that reportedly provided Wolves with a larger crowd on Monday than they had for their League meeting the week before!

I agree that prices should be reduced though.

He simply cannot resist it.Maybe the concern is that Coventry will provide great opposition and it won't be a whitewash for Poole? :wink:

He simply cannot resist it.Maybe the concern is that Coventry will provide great opposition and it won't be a whitewash for Poole? :wink:

I couldn't give two hoots what the score is as long as the riders come through safely for Rye on Saturday.

I hope there's several coachloads organised from Coventry though as Poole are doing it for their fans. If they don't turn up in their hundreds it would be a fruitless exercise.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Horton has nothing to do with this. www.savecoventryspeedway.com lists who is involved in this project including David Rowe, Jeff Davies and people at the NSSC.

So why do the Coventry promotion turn up to these meetings

So why do the Coventry promotion turn up to these meetings

it benefits them. They are the owners of the lisence regardless of the savecoventry crew. Whatever is raised still ends up with the promotion in a roundabout way.

it benefits them. They are the owners of the lisence regardless of the savecoventry crew. Whatever is raised still ends up with the promotion in a roundabout way.

You're correct Steve that Mick retains ownership of the Coventry licence.

However, none of the proceeds of the challenge meetings go to the Club.

You're correct Steve that Mick retains ownership of the Coventry licence.

However, none of the proceeds of the challenge meetings go to the Club.

Where does it go to Neil and what is it spent on?

Where does it go to Neil and what is it spent on?

www.savecoventryspeedway.com/news.php?extend.42.1

explains the composition of the Group and how they are managing the fund-raising.

(Edited to add exact link)

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

www.savecoventryspeedway.com/news.php?extend.42.1

explains the composition of the Group and how they are managing the fund-raising.

(Edited to add exact link)

So a group of fans are trying to save Coventry speedway but not the promoter who owns them ?

• Like 1

I couldn't give two hoots what the score is as long as the riders come through safely for Rye on Saturday.

I hope there's several coachloads organised from Coventry though as Poole are doing it for their fans. If they don't turn up in their hundreds it would be a fruitless exercise.

Back in the real world --- coachloads of fans when it's midweek is unrealistic. (As much as I have been supporting The Bees through thick and thin I won't be attending due to work commitments and the fact that I like to enjoy racing on shale not a blue groove)

If you attend I would like to humbly thank you for doing it JUST for Coventry.

Good of Poole to honour a meeting just for the fans though. The Poole riders don't want to race and test their engines and gain experience?

• Like 1

With the Polish Golden Helmet GP Qualifier rearranged for Thursday, I guess its not totally unrealistic that they will insist on official practice on Wednesday?!

I don't know for sure - just musing...!

• Like 1

Be surprised if kk is there then as the golden helmet is on Thursday as