British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Select. 19/4/17 7.30pm

Aren't some forgetting the Polish rule?

All these top guys being discussed still can't come because of the 2 club rule.

So there is no chance of either Pawlicki, Zagar, Iversen, MJJ, Vaculik et al coming.

Iversen is the only one there who can't ride in the UK. Is pretty much Danish riders. They do Poland Sweden and Denmark but Vaculik,Shamek P and all other swedes,poles and anyone else normally have two clubs.

Vaculik maybe could be persuaded and has at least said he wants to ride for Poole. With the way Sweden is struggling Poole is still a guaranteed paycheck.

It looks like a Poole, BV shoot out at the moment, But we need a number 1 who gets 10 from 12. I want KK to stay and get some form but he needs to sort it out soon because its no worrying.

Trouble is people have short memory's, Chris has won countless matches for Poole, hence I would put him over kk every time, he is a Poole legend

As Chris Holder said to Brady, 'you are only as good as your last race', so makes him a bit rubbish at the mo! ;)

Can't see any reason to replace kk at the moment.wait to the new average's kick in and see were we are just my opinion

Maybe KK could swap places with Nicolai. Seems fair!

Makes you wonder if at this early stage Chris is happy at Lynn ?

Looks perfectly happy off the bike. I just don't think he's that committed to scoring points. Hope I'm wrong and he's just in bad form.

Maybe KK could swap places with Nicolai. Seems fair!

Good to see no Poole fans (one in particular) care to comment on this light hearted comment. It was good to see, despite getting stuffed, that we put NK back in his box last night. He scored some good points, but not the double figures the rest of us have come to despise (from reserve, I hasten to add).

Was just throwing some names into the hat for discussion. This is a forum after all, and giving KK the boot seems the topic-du-jour right now!

of course discussion is part of the forum! Just pointing out the flaws.

Iversen is the only one there who can't ride in the UK. Is pretty much Danish riders. They do Poland Sweden and Denmark but Vaculik,Shamek P and all other swedes,poles and anyone else normally have two clubs.

Vaculik maybe could be persuaded and has at least said he wants to ride for Poole. With the way Sweden is struggling Poole is still a guaranteed paycheck.

It looks like a Poole, BV shoot out at the moment, But we need a number 1 who gets 10 from 12. I want KK to stay and get some form but he needs to sort it out soon because its no worrying.

Not so.

Vaculik rides in the Czech Extraliga (his Slovak team ride in it) so won't be allowed. Likewise Milik.

Zagar doesn't have a home league.

The Danes are the most affected.

Poles have no interest in riding here in the most.

Looks perfectly happy off the bike. I just don't think he's that committed to scoring points. Hope I'm wrong and he's just in bad form.

He's capable of scoring points. I stick to my post...

Oh, and before I go to bed, where do you, SS, come off calling our side a select? This was the team we signed to ride this year before all the rubbish with our stadium kicked off. If you are going to say that not all the riders pass my definition and were guests by any other name, then about half the teams every week should carry the Select tag.

We are the Coventry Bees and we'll take on anyone. Don't demean our team. It is just as valid as any team drawn together under a common banner, be it domestic or international. And our banner is as valid as any you can name.

• Like 5

Don't think you signed Bomber or Nielsen - but still valid as guests, just saying!!

BTW Klindt had the flu and was testing a new (3rd) engine for the UK.

Edited by Skidder1

I think I said that Skidder1. My point being that guests don't invalidate a team under the current rules. Coventry with a couple of guests is still Coventry not a select side. We're beating ourselves up to keep the Coventry name alive. I know we're pushing water uphill but we're trying. Any sense that others may see this as futile or less than valid are welcome to their opinion. Just don't voice it in my company. You won't like it if you make me angry (my real name is Bill Bixby).

I think I said that Skidder1. My point being that guests don't invalidate a team under the current rules. Coventry with a couple of guests is still Coventry not a select side. We're beating ourselves up to keep the Coventry name alive. I know we're pushing water uphill but we're trying. Any sense that others may see this as futile or less than valid are welcome to their opinion. Just don't voice it in my company. You won't like it if you make me angry (my real name is Bill Bixby).

Just thought I'd let you know Bill, someone known as David Williams is attempting to steal your identity.

Just thought I'd let you know Bill, someone known as David Williams is attempting to steal your identity.

I'm still trying to work out who the hell Bill Bixby is 'cos I've never heard of him.