British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aroundtheboards

Somerset V Swindon 21/4/17

Ok, so I've found the rules. Hougaard is riding in the Danish Championships.

We have 18.10.1 which says that a guest or r/r is permitted for a rider appearing in their FIM Speedway Championship if permitted by Art 18.10.

So 18.10 then says that for an absent number 1 - guest or r/r

Absent double upper if riding for the "other" team - guest or r/r

Absent 2-5 - R/R

Indeed. No guest allowed for Hougaard.

Edited by grachan

Agreed. Yet we've already had Schlein guesting for Riss despite having a higher average.

Obviously no one at the SCB is worried about teams following the rule book.

• Like 1

Is Pat Somerset's No 1 based on his current average, or does that change after the four home and away thing, not sure. All very confusing.

Is Pat Somerset's No 1 based on his current average, or does that change after the four home and away thing, not sure. All very confusing.

Can only be based on official green sheets surely?

Has to be on official averages, which Tungate is still by far the no.1 on that count. I haven't looked at the rules myself but from the ones Grachan has quoted seems like abit of a boo-boo!

The wording is so poorly written again though, why even include the "if permitted" part at the end of the ruling.

Edited by Najjer

Ok, so I've found the rules. Hougaard is riding in the Danish Championships.

We have 18.10.1 which says that a guest or r/r is permitted for a rider appearing in their FIM Speedway Championship if permitted by Art 18.10.

So 18.10 then says that for an absent number 1 - guest or r/r

Absent double upper if riding for the "other" team - guest or r/r

Absent 2-5 - R/R

Indeed. No guest allowed for Hougaard.

It isn't an FIM meeting, I'm sure teams in the past have been enabled to request a facility for a rider in a National Championship.

It isn't an FIM meeting, I'm sure teams in the past have been enabled to request a facility for a rider in a National Championship.

Somerset have been granted a facility. The point is, only an absent #1 can be replaced by a guest or RR. Absent 2-5 (which includes Hougaard) is RR only. Unless more than 1 rider is missing, which doesn't appear to be the case.

• Like 1

Let's hope the ref has his eyes on "roller" Brady at the starts as he's as bad as Sargent.

Yeah! Hope Ginge behaves himself in that department ! We can do without disqualifications/exclusions !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

No question about them being allowed a facility. The issue is what the facility should be.

I will tell him, he normally carries a roll of Andrex Puppies on a Roll in case Izal is in place. Do you visit Somerset and Swindon?

I do keef yes. Somerset has superb racing and it's an hour's drive for me. Blunsdon is around 45 minutes away.

Somerset have been granted a facility. The point is, only an absent #1 can be replaced by a guest or RR. Absent 2-5 (which includes Hougaard) is RR only. Unless more than 1 rider is missing, which doesn't appear to be the case.

The only thing I can presume is that Kurtz was booked as a guest if Starke was going to be missing. Seen as he rode last night for P'boro it looks like it should be R/R for Hougaard tonight which makes Swindon favourites in my eyes. He has been superb in all 5 of our matches so far.

This question was asked on Facebook and Àlun Rossiter replied to it stating Somerset are allowed a guest as it is his nations championship. If it wasn't allowed I'm pretty sure Rossiter wouldn't be backing the Rebels.

This question was asked on Facebook and Àlun Rossiter replied to it stating Somerset are allowed a guest as it is his nations championship. If it wasn't allowed I'm pretty sure Rossiter wouldn't be backing the Rebels.

Actually disagree as he wouldn't want to upset his mates at Somerset
  • Like 1