British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Wolves V Belle Vue 18/4/17

A huge test ahead as the Aces always go well at the Green.

Time for Clegg to have his best meeting with 2 weak Aces reserves.

We won't be saying that at the end of the season that's for sure.

We need decent performances from 1-5 to nullify the potential of a good score from Worrall whilst Bjerre has had some superb meetings here although not in recent seasons. That said he seems to have hit the ground running from the off.

A win of any sort will be good , so will go for 47-43.

Opinions?

A huge test ahead as the Aces always go well at the Green.

Time for Clegg to have his best meeting with 2 weak Aces reserves.

We won't be saying that at the end of the season that's for sure.

We need decent performances from 1-5 to nullify the potential of a good score from Worrall whilst Bjerre has had some superb meetings here although not in recent seasons. That said he seems to have hit the ground running from the off.

A win of any sort will be good , so will go for 47-43.

Opinions?

Judging by Bewley's score tonight, I am not sure how "weak" the Belle Vue reserves are!

• Like 3

Reserves weren't weak on Friday, and nice run out for Bewley tonight.

A tough match tomorrow which could go either way. Lindgren, Thorsell and Masters are difficult to beat at home and if Skornicki has solved his mechanical problems he should be good for 6 or 7 points. However, Bjerre is on fire, Cook has had an excellent start to the season and Worrall usually does well at Wolverhampton. I think Bewley will be the best of the four reserves but the deciding factor could be Fricke, who has yet to impress this season and whether Smith can pick up a few points.

A narrow Aces victory 44-46.

Edited by Aces51

I think one or two have underestimated belle vue s reserves this season.

15 point max for Bewley tonight. Popping wheelies on the back straight he was that far ahead. Clegg and Greaves will have no answer. (I hope)

Wolves top 5 are different gravy at home, so it will be a tough meeting.

I'd have took a point before a wheel was turned this season but the way we've started I think BV really need to be looking at winning this meeting.

I think run out is apt.

It's one meeting I know, but you could see last year he was showing signs in the PL that he was probably going to be a step ahead of the NL this year.

He could burn himself out with the all meetings. He's been putting in good scores for Glasgow from 2nd string and critically he's winning races whilst doing it.

Early I know, but he's far far too good for the NL.

Judging by Bewley's score tonight, I am not sure how "weak" the Belle Vue reserves are!

I think one or two have underestimated belle vue s reserves this season.

15 point max for Bewley tonight. Popping wheelies on the back straight he was that far ahead. Clegg and Greaves will have no answer. (I hope)

Wolves top 5 are different gravy at home, so it will be a tough meeting.

I'd have took a point before a wheel was turned this season but the way we've started I think BV really need to be looking at winning this meeting.

I rate both of them have made that clear many times. On paper they are weak compared to other teams but I grant you they are both definitely a huge talent.

Time for Clegg to step up.

I rate both of them have made that clear many times. On paper they are weak compared to other teams but I grant you they are both definitely a huge talent.

Time for Clegg to step up.

I see your thinking Steve and I'd agree on paper, certainly at the start, you'd look and think potential.

But Bewley is delivering. He's actually proving that potential every meeting. He's averaging 6 for Glasgow from 2nd string in his first full season of PL.

Beat Andersen this year. Little things like that. I think people look at that baby face and seriously underestimate him.

He's a smiling assassin

I think Smith is a better example of potential. He's chipping in with points, nothing major, but you can see he will make it if he applies himself and given the right guidance.

I think Bewley will go into 2nd string at some point this season. Sedgman will drop to reserve. You heard it here first

• Like 1

I see your thinking Steve and I'd agree on paper, certainly at the start, you'd look and think potential.

But Bewley is delivering. He's actually proving that potential every meeting. He's averaging 6 for Glasgow from 2nd string in his first full season of PL.

Beat Andersen this year. Little things like that. I think people look at that baby face and seriously underestimate him.

He's a smiling assassin I think Smith is a better example of potential. He's chipping in with points, nothing major, but you can see he will make it if he applies himself and given the right guidance.

I think Bewley will go into 2nd string at some point this season. Sedgman will drop to reserve. You heard it here first

Fair point acef, the most exciting side this year.

Can't wait for Tuesday night,

Important for us to hang in there and win our home meetings whilst we await the release of the new averages so we can change things.

• Like 2

Underestimate Wolves at home, me never. I think we can come away from tonight's meeting with a point,but Wolves to get 2.............Wolves by 2-4 points win.

I think wolves will get a narrow win 47-43

Wolves top end will see wolves pull away later in the meeting.

We are currently operating, at best, as a 5 man team. This makes winning any match particularly difficult, and puts so much pressure on the top 4. I am hoping for a win, but it would be no surprise at all to see a aces take the points.

• Like 1