Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Belle Vue - 19 April 2017

I guess you could say Lynn is a traditional speedway shape but it doesn't seem to suit modern day bikes and riders.

Surely its down to the material on the track and preparation.Its a great size and shape so why isn't it producing good racing?

Similar to Sheffield where ive seen nothing but follow the leader when ive gone over there, along with Kings Lynn it used to be a fantasic race track producing great racing on a regular basis, the tracks are pretty much as they were strange how both now seem to struggle to put on good meetings.

• Like 1

Chris Holder has made it quite clear he doesn't like grippy tracks. The track needs to be slick and without a single bump to suit him.

Track good or bad is there for both teams to race, Belle Vue were just better than Lynn on the night. As a team I recon we are definitely putting the gauntlet down. So proud of all of them.

The day after the night before - and I'm still fookin angry

I expected defeat but the major of defeat was totally embarrassing.

We just could not gate, heats being over in the first 20mtrs.

The difference last night was Cook and Holder - chalk and cheese.

I am beginning to wonder why I bother with speedway. Saturday night at Rye House was dire. Last night at Lynn it was worse. 1 notable pass all night. Will think long and hard before I go again , the racing at both tracks was terrible.

• Like 1

Went as a neutral,thought we would see good racing, it was dire,couldn't believe we were charged to have a seat,in an open freezing cold, cramped dirty stand! There also seemed no atmosphere at all. What a waste of money!

Most comments here are spot on.

Short interval was announced, seemed to equate to 20 mins. That should be the norm, so expected maybe 10 mins.

Meeting did run at a good pace other than and unnecessarily long wait for heat 15.

Don't think you can blame mic man, he just trying to inject some atmosphere. Poor racing on a cold night ain't gonna help.

Deffo think the corners need to come in a bit to give more racing lines that are hopefully better suited to modern bikes.

Stars will need to find their gating gloves and quick. Impressed with how good cook looked last night, didn't look like dropping a point.

Outgated and outridden. Well done to Belle Vue. Most races over after first bend. Stopped going to Elite League mid- way through 2016 season. If this is the standard of entertainment that we are going to get at Lynn money is better kept in my pocket. Only one notable pass all night.. . Will give a couple more meetings a try.

With comments that we have been getting especially from Stars fans Buster really needs to act to provide the sort of entertainment Lynn used to be well known for. Its crazy for any businessman not to provide what his paying customers want.

Surely its down to the material on the track and preparation.Its a great size and shape so why isn't it producing good racing?

The pass that Robert made was top draw, great track craft, but years ago we used to see riders execute proper cut backs, two riders taking different lines and passing over and over again etc. They are able to just bomb off now, make no mistake and that's it. I would be talking to Mort and Gordon about their BV track plans ....

The pass that Robert made was top draw, great track craft, but years ago we used to see riders execute proper cut backs, two riders taking different lines and passing over and over again etc. They are able to just bomb off now, make no mistake and that's it. I would be talking to Mort and Gordon about their BV track plans ....

I've got a feeling that Morton and Gordon would tell Buster sod all about any track plans.

PS If you want to see racing like you describe above do yourself a favour and buy yourself a copy of the Peter Craven memorial trophy DVD from Clean cut sports.Stunning racing and Batch was in the thick of it.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 3

Don't remember Puk ever getting 5 at home.

Holder will get better he is generally not at his best early in the season.

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13367/kings-lynn-poole-2014-30pm

Against your side, too!

Iversen was for the large part very consistent for Lynn especially since his resurgence, but just like anyone he had his off days.