British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Peterborough 20/4/17 7.30 Sgbcl

Looks like Peterborough are suffering with a clueless manager.

The obvious choices of Holder and Starke in heat 15 and Oystercard gets the nod

• Like 1

I thought that but who knows how paul was feeling after injury although going by the scores...... dandy would be the word!

Even after Ulle came last in heat 13 and looking slower than Lambert and Bacon combined and before Starke won heat 14, Carl was already preparing Holder and Ulle for heat 15. I only reason I can see for putting Ulle in heat 15 was that he might of thought it was going to be a scrap to the first corner but Ulle missed the gate and never looked like catching.

well certainly a big improvement in the racing from recent weeks.seemed to be a bit more dirt on the track and maybe the bit of rain that we had helped as well.some of the races were top drawer.well done the tigers and well done peterborough for making a decent fight of it.lasse was awesome last night.kyle and josh g were also very good and well done too to the rest of the tigers.looking forward now to a good meeting with the monarchs and hope that we can keep it close for the return leg[weather permitting of course].

• Like 1

Cracking meeting last night with two very committed teams, Peterborough never laid down and gave in.

The racing was also good although to me the track looked no different, what appears to me a dirt line around the outside of the track no dirt on the inside of the track, but they seem to try to bring back some dirt on the inside of the track but not as much as on the outside.

Hopefully they can prepare the track like then again, as the entertainment value was a big improvement.

As for the teams I think that Sheffield is once again becoming a fortress and teams will have to be on their A game if they want get anything at Sheffield, every rider is doing their job.

Peterborough surprised me, they were far better than I had anticipated, I do think that they may find it bit difficult when BWD moves into the main body of the team, and he will sooner rather than later because he is taking extra rides for others something he won't be able to when he moves up.

Overall feeling very satisfied. :t:

Much better racing wise tonight, thought Peterboro got it wrong from heat 1, with the choice of RR and then BWD with just too many rides near the end

well done Sheffield, Branford unlucky in heat 14, just got the lead as the race was stopped

• Like 1

Starke was feeling the effects of his recent shoulder injury which is why he didn't do heat 15, I think most of the Panthers supporters would have realised that.