British Speedway Forum
RPNY

Rising Crowds This Season?

Vanishing posts.

i have signed up to be notified when new posts are made. Today under this topic I have been notified of at least two posts but when I log on to the forum the new posts are no where to be seen, any thoughts? Are we being censored?

I hope not. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

Skid Sprocket - May I suggest you indicate your problem in this BSF thread? I have found it most useful in the past.

Support Forum

Edited by Guest

On 4/21/2017 at 5:17 AM, RPNYC said:

i have signed up to be notified when new posts are made. Today under this topic I have been notified of at least two posts but when I log on to the forum the new posts are no where to be seen, any thoughts? Are we being censored?

It would be great to see the numbers of the crowds based ony year.

Edited by Sorrentino

Not likely to happen though.

Not likely to happen though.

It could happen if we all pulled together as a group and put pressure on the BSPA. I suggested a poll of members a while ago to see if there was sufficient numbers wanting to know but no one came up with a way to set up a poll.

Even if we cant be told the figures I would like to know the reason why not.

It could happen if we all pulled together as a group and put pressure on the BSPA. I suggested a poll of members a while ago to see if there was sufficient numbers wanting to know but no one came up with a way to set up a poll.

Even if we cant be told the figures I would like to know the reason why not.

I can think of two possibilities.

Tax reasons as has been mentioned before.

or

PR reasons - who is going to come out on a cold night to support a Sport that can only attract a few hundred people and a dog. Far better to leave folk in their ignorance and hope that they come along anyway. I am sure that if you published very low numbers - it would probably put people off.

• Like 2

I can think of two possibilities.

Tax reasons as has been mentioned before.

or

PR reasons - who is going to come out on a cold night to support a Sport that can only attract a few hundred people and a dog. Far better to leave folk in their ignorance and hope that they come along anyway. I am sure that if you published very low numbers - it would probably put people off.

Sadly, this is true.

One thing for sure Poole's​ gate is down after the meetings we have had this season there are lots of empty spaces in the grandstand alone. I would say not many more than a thousand at the most

One thing for sure Poole's​ gate is down after the meetings we have had this season there are lots of empty spaces in the grandstand alone. I would say not many more than a thousand at the most

Probably because Poole don't look like winning the League at the moment. I am sure the Gates will improve when you have a winning Team to support.

Holder at reserve would be good. :o:t:;)

Some of us would just like a Team to support - never mind a winning one as I know from my time at Sunderland in the Sixties and Seventies.

Probably because Poole don't look like winning the League at the moment. I am sure the Gates will improve when you have a winning Team to support.

Some of us would just like a Team to support - never mind a winning one as I know from my time at Sunderland in the Sixties and Seventies.

I think been a trend at poole over last couple of year's

From a very good start, the crowds at the last few meetings I have attended have declined. This usually happens every season when the enthusiasm wears off.

From a very good start, the crowds at the last few meetings I have attended have declined. This usually happens every season when the enthusiasm wears off.

Nothing to do with the weather?I ask,because it has been pretty dismal here.Might make my first trip to Sittingbourne monday to help boost the crowd,as long as the weather looks ok

• Like 1

Four blank Thursdays in a row for Swindon, won't keep the fans interested, especially as they are on a 5 match unbeaten run.

The weather makes a massive difference.

They used to average around 1200 in 2004/5 when I watched them, but I've heard the crowds have dropped to as low as 750/800. In the same time Swindon's have probably gone from averaging around 2000 to around 1400. Always guarantee big crowd when Poole visit. With no new stadium in sight cant see crowds increasing. Unfortunately well- supported Coventry are no more.Good to see bigger crowds in Manchester.

It seemed a few years ago line-ups weakened every year and prices increased every year.

Clubs should look at IOW, actively promoting the sport has led to good crowd increases in an area of a small population.

When I have spoken to people about speedway most are put off by the admission cost.

A source close to the Redcar promoter told me the crowd for the recent Peterborough cup-tie was 581. And she described that as "good". Enough said! I was at Berwick last month and I doubt the attendance topped 350. The locals told me crowds had dropped off alarmingly after a promising start because of the team's on-track failings. "Berwick people love to vote with their feet," a regular informed.

Can any regular supporters (I haven't been one for a decade) estimate which speedway clubs still attract 1,000-plus attendances?

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Like 1

A source close to the Redcar promoter told me the crowd for the recent Peterborough cup-tie was 581. And she described that as "good". Enough said! I was at Berwick last month and I doubt the attendance topped 350. The locals told me crowds had dropped off alarmingly after a promising start because of the team's on-track failings. "Berwick people love to vote with their feet," a regular informed.

Can any regular supporters (I haven't been one for a decade) estimate which speedway clubs still attract 1,000-plus attendances?

That's alarming if accurate. No way that present day speedway can be sustainable on those sort of attendances.

• Like 1

How strange and fickle it is to just go when you are winning? surely it is about enjoying the racing.
  • Like 1