British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Plymouth V Eastbourne 21st April

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

Eastie are becoming front runners already and unless the Hammers can find a decent reserve to replace Laurence who has been around for

decades without improvement, we will not be challenging them.

Most teams will beat Plymouth thou, they will be fighting with kings Lynn and iow to not finish bottom.

Unfortunately i have to agree but out biggest success is having any speedway at all.

Unfortunately i have to agree but out biggest success is having any speedway at all.

And hopefully enough fans realise that. Boxall hitting maxes for fun should keep crowd interest to a degree I suppose.

And hopefully enough fans realise that. Boxall hitting maxes for fun should keep crowd interest to a degree I suppose.

Not sure they will plymothians are notoriously fickle and tend to lose interest if a teams not winning as has been proved with rugby,football and basketball in the city. Personally i will not be attending regularly but will be making more trips to somerset now they are in the top league to see the likes of holder,lindgren,cook,lambert,

Etc.

wow...

a few meetings in and people are already saying how bad it is.. talk about giving a promotion and the team time..

told you Laurence you got your work cut out personally bits like lewy are saying is no good at all.. support your team in the bad times they will reward you in the good times..

• Like 3

wow...

a few meetings in and people are already saying how bad it is.. talk about giving a promotion and the team time..

told you Laurence you got your work cut out personally bits like lewy are saying is no good at all.. support your team in the bad times they will reward you in the good times..

That is very true but sadly unrealistic. Lewy is spot on in his statement about Plymouth sports fans. Why do you think the Premier League team struggled to get support? I dont like it because I think you should support your team through thick and thin but Plymouth fans in general need winning teams to follow.

One bad meeting can be managed. If they begin to string together there will be a problem. Trouble is where do the management turn to to find replacement riders? There were some bad choices in the first place which may cost dearly.

• Like 1

Boxall is such an exciting rider that he will keep Devils' fans interested...not many to beat him at this level if he keeps his equipment up to scratch.

Shame that some fans are only interested in senior speedway. In my book, the NL is the only league that looks to have a bright future and I am

pleased that at Lakeside the crowds so far have looked reasonably healthy.

• Like 1

That is very true but sadly unrealistic. Lewy is spot on in his statement about Plymouth sports fans. Why do you think the Premier League team struggled to get support? I dont like it because I think you should support your team through thick and thin but Plymouth fans in general need winning teams to follow.

One bad meeting can be managed. If they begin to string together there will be a problem. Trouble is where do the management turn to to find replacement riders? There were some bad choices in the first place which may cost dearly.

hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it.. what you think is an idea at the time turns out wrong or maybe you miss judge things..

i saw everyone saying no to mattie bates... no he sticks to the inside i saw them say... now they are all saying we should of had him.. do you guys think the bosses are not thinking the same.. but seriously why run away to another venue when you get a home defeat.. seriously you say the plymouth fans are fickle yet become one of the fickle ones.. i am sure he isnt alone but get behind the team and the promoters they are behind you guys by putting their money into the team..

i know only too well what the plymouth fans are like and the two guys running the show are doing things no one else has stick by them things will come right

Such a shame. The Devils own website hasnt been updated. It only shows a meeting preview of the Eastbourne fixture, no result or updates

The website is a massive tool for any club. Come on LR, sort it out, Poor pr =poor interest= poor crowds.

You are trying new concepts, including a FREE meeting in May. Yet nothing, absolutely NOTHING on the main website.(at the time of typing this)

Due to work commitments, I have not yet been able to get to the SBA. Cant make it until 12th May. Looking forward to it, no matter the results between now and then.

• Like 1

hindsight is a wonderful thing isnt it.. what you think is an idea at the time turns out wrong or maybe you miss judge things..

i saw everyone saying no to mattie bates... no he sticks to the inside i saw them say... now they are all saying we should of had him.. do you guys think the bosses are not thinking the same.. but seriously why run away to another venue when you get a home defeat.. seriously you say the plymouth fans are fickle yet become one of the fickle ones.. i am sure he isnt alone but get behind the team and the promoters they are behind you guys by putting their money into the team..

i know only too well what the plymouth fans are like and the two guys running the show are doing things no one else has stick by them things will come right

Where am I going Darren? I will be at Plymouth Friday. Why am I fickle? You need to read posts a little bit more carefully.

Where am I going Darren? I will be at Plymouth Friday. Why am I fickle? You need to read posts a little bit more carefully.

i think you may need to do that buddy... the part i said was about running away to another venue.. did you say that.. NOPE.. lewy did above you though..

i quoted you as i was replying to you as in the things you said before and then spaced it out to go onto another point in fact i also said i saw everyone saying... not directed at you either..

so to make sure we are clear and there are no mistakes.. the first part of my reply to you was about hindsight... the second part i was saying in general hence why i put a double space in there and quoted everyone.. NOT DIRECRED AT YOU..

i think you may need to do that buddy... the part i said was about running away to another venue.. did you say that.. NOPE.. lewy did above you though..

i quoted you as i was replying to you as in the things you said before and then spaced it out to go onto another point in fact i also said i saw everyone saying... not directed at you either..

so to make sure we are clear and there are no mistakes.. the first part of my reply to you was about hindsight... the second part i was saying in general hence why i put a double space in there and quoted everyone.. NOT DIRECRED AT YOU..

Why dont you butt out i will attend speedway where and when i want no wonder you were so unpopular when you lived in plymouth i always thought you couldnt be as bad as people said but i guess i was wrong.