British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House - 24th April 17

A injured rider can covered by the I/R/R rule during the meeting if the rider has to be replaced due to a NEW injury taking place. A good rule IMO when used correctly, not sure where a migraine fits into the rules. I certainly wouldn't want to ride a speedway bike with one.

Me neither (my elder son gets them occasionally). It was the new injury aspect, as you mentioned, that made me think no facility would be granted. Rye's press release clearly states that the migraine was present before the match began.

Me neither (my elder son gets them occasionally). It was the new injury aspect, as you mentioned, that made me think no facility would be granted. Rye's press release clearly states that the migraine was present before the match began.

Far too honest. Rye will need to learn fast that that is definitely not the best policy in this league with some of the sharks in the pool. Never shake hands with a promoter in the Premiership, your rings will be gone :D

• Like 1

Best meeting of the season at Monmore this year. The score may look lop sided but the racing was the best we have seen this year. Fortunately for Wolves the positions of weakness in the team were apparent after only a couple of meetings and the management have been very pro active in making changes. . Think this result tonight may make the rest of the Premiership sit up and take notice. If this team can stay fit they could be real contenders . Only concern last night was the size of the crowd,. Crowds have not been great this season but last night there were noticeable large gaps on the terraces.

Same.

I'd say it was more likely a headache he was suffering from. There is a difference but many simply call any headache a 'migraine'.

• Like 1

Cut Eddie some slack here please, I will take it as gospel about the migrane, remember 28 points out of 30 in the last two meetings, in matches that had no margin for error.

Look forward to the next meeting when he can shut up all the doubters.

Shouldn't have taken 4 rides then mate!!

Racing has been decent all season so far. It's only Aces fans moaning about the racing probably because they lost.

The NSS is great but not all clubs can get council funded stadiums. I do see an increase in snobbery from a few BV fans which is a shame.

• Like 2

We enjoyed our visit to Monmore Green last night though that North wind blowing onto the terrace was a real 'kniver'. Little wonder that so many fans took shelter in the bar and restaurant though we stayed outside to the bitter end.

Really enjoyed the meeting and whilst the result was not the best for us Rye supporters, we thoroughly enjoyed the racing and the company of the friendly Wolves fans around us. It was a good meeting and Robbo's performance reminded us of of the massively entertaining evenings that he gave to the Rye faithful in days gone by. Another major positive in our books was the way that young Ellis Perks is shaping up. He has confounded many doubters with the number of points scored at home and after a disappointing heat two last night, came out subsequently and looked really good.

The track at Wolves was in good nick and clearly well cared for. It certainly helps riders to deliver the goods i.e. entertainment, which is what the crowds want to see. Further, a very positive word of thanks to the referee and the promotion to for running the meeting in a proper and well-managed manner. The first race did not even begin until 7.40pm and post-heat 15, we were outside on the Bilston Road by 9.10pm. The 15 minute walk to the station warmed us up no end (by God we needed it) and we managed to get to New Street in time for the 10.10pm train back to Euston. If the meeting had dragged, we would have missed that train and been compelled to take the 11.10pm which was then subject to a delay of 90 minutes.....

• Like 2

Apparently he arrived with the migraine; it may have come on quite late. Don't know if RR would have been permissible by then or whether he just decided to give it a go and hope for the best.

He could have sort medical advice there and could have been withdrawn thus giving RR but obviously felt worse at 8.50pm or should that be 8.50000 pm

• Like 1

The NSS is great but not all clubs can get council funded stadiums. I do see an increase in snobbery from a few BV fans which is a shame.

Sadly it's looking that way. Some of them are getting worse than the gloating Poole tints.

the track doc could have pulled him out after one ride and rye used r/r

BUT.................Did the track doc know? Surely if the doc got wind of the situation Eddie would have been the subject a few tests to pass him fit to ride.You cant just leave it up to the rider,can you imagine if Eddie came off or knocked someon else off!! I can see the headlines now in the national press!! Also why take 4 rides? somethings wrong,or someone knew and did nothing to stop the rider riding a motorbike at 60mph.

Thats what most of the girls say. Can't change what I was born with.

Out of order there sunshine.

Great banter between Shovvy and Shadders keep it going all season guys.

......in this league with some of the sharks in the pool.

I think you spell Poole with an "e"

• Like 1

Sadly it's looking that way. Some of them are getting worse than the gloating Poole tints.

After all the crap Belle Vue fans shouldered about our team,track and stadium at the Dog track, I think it's great to see other fans predicting us as a top 4 team, and for us fans to be proud of what we have now. A bit of bigheadedness shouldn't harm anyone.

After all the crap Belle Vue fans shouldered about our team,track and stadium at the Dog track, I think it's great to see other fans predicting us as a top 4 team, and for us fans to be proud of what we have now. A bit of bigheadedness shouldn't harm anyone.

Exactly. We endured years and years of jibes and then when we announced we was building a new stadium we endured more jibes claiming it will never happen. (Allthough we nearly did feck that up)

Let us gloat a little. We've earned it

• Like 1

Until it becomes tedious and tiresome.

Go ahead enjoy.

You don't have to take over all threads saying every other track is crap tho.

A bit of humility costs nobody anything.

• Like 1