British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

British Semi-finals

Newcastle seems much the easier semi to me.

I would think most riders would choose Sheffield if they were given a choice.

so does skornicki , should he be in too ?

would think there is more to it than just that.

Surely must take into account residency etc at least and of course presumably the rider has to ask...

would think there is more to it than just that.

Surely must take into account residency etc at least and of course presumably the rider has to ask...

schlien has rode for aus at World Cup and isn't there a rule which says you can't swap country when you have done this? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

schlien has rode for aus at World Cup and isn't there a rule which says you can't swap country when you have done this?

Does he have dual British?Australian citizenship? If so, then I see no problem with him riding as British as long as he stays British and doesn't switch back and forth whenever convenient.

Does he have dual British?Australian citizenship? If so, then I see no problem with him riding as British as long as he stays British and doesn't switch back and forth whenever convenient.

if he wins the British final and he has every chance it means the BSF will go into meltdown with the 2 aus/gb riders at Cardiff lol

So Schlein is included but Kyle Newman isn't...

Is this due to his injury?

So Schlein is included but Kyle Newman isn't...

Is this due to his injury?

Kyle is only not riding now due to the 28 day contracts , he was actually contacted by a member of the m/c asking if he would be fit and he told them yes he would be. Edited by KN1

Thats 💩 then... so does that mean he will be at Ipswich instead?

Should seed the under 21 champion into the final. Lots of "Old hands" in there and how will they get experience if not able to be in these matches?

schlien has rode for aus at World Cup and isn't there a rule which says you can't swap country when you have done this?

Joonas Kylmakorpi and Metaj Ferjan both switched countries in the World Cup. There was rumours of Emil Sayfutdinov doing the same too.

Rory has British citizenship so can't see the issue myself. Sucks that Kyle Newman misses out somehow.

Joonas Kylmakorpi and Metaj Ferjan both switched countries in the World Cup. There was rumours of Emil Sayfutdinov doing the same too.

Rory has British citizenship so can't see the issue myself. Sucks that Kyle Newman misses out somehow.

but they didn't ride for one.country then ride for another, my point is Schlien has ridden for aus and isn't there a rule that says when you have ridden for your country at World Cup level you can't represent another country ? Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

but they didn't ride for one.country then ride for another, my point is Schlien has ridden for aus and isn't there a rule that says when you have ridden for your country at World Cup level you can't represent another country ?

Matej Ferjan did - He rode for both Slovenia and Hungary... and I thought Kylmakorpi represented Sweden in the last few years although could be wrong.

you can't represent another country ?

Playing devil's advocate... he isn't representing another country. The British Championship is an individual event

• Like 1

Playing devil's advocate... he isn't representing another country. The British Championship is an individual event

yet

Matej Ferjan did - He rode for both Slovenia and Hungary... and I thought Kylmakorpi represented Sweden in the last few years although could be wrong.

thought kylmakorpi rode for Sweden but never his homeland at world level

I actually think in order to ride in your own country's national title event you should be actually prepared to ride in that country's league or one of them, Kyle currently isn't through no fault of his own but could be but for the technicalities of 28 day rulings yet Steve Boxall who doesn't always appeared that interested in riding for anyone is named in one of the semis??

1 Lewis Bridger,

2 Josh Auty,

3 Edward Kennett,

4 Carl Wilkinson,

5 Chris Harris,

6 Adam Roynon,

7 Scott Nicholls,

8 Stuart Robson,

9 Lewis Kerr,

10 Craig Cook,

11 Stefan Nielsen,

12 Adam Ellis,